20. The Other Way 2

Jisoo and Jennie were waiting in the courtroom. By now Jisoo's bump was showing against the cloth of her black blazer. It was the same blazer that Jennie once lent to her.

"You are sure this will go fine?" Jisoo asked insecurely.

"Yes." There was sadly plenty of evidence on Jisoo's body. Anyone who knew them, also knew what he did to her. It was an open secret.

Jisoo huffed anxiously. Jennie would have preferred to do this without her present since she is pregnant and shouldn't be stressed more than she already was but if she went without her client, that would make a bad impression to the judge.

"How dare you." Suddenly Suho was marching to them angrily. His lawyer tried to stop him but the man's temper was too much.

Jennie immediately positioned herself in front of Jisoo who stiffened.

"After everything I did for you!?" Suho spit out, he reached out his hand to grab her collar but both Jennie and his lawyer stopped him.

"If you keep this up, you might as well just proclaim your guilt to the judge." Jennie hissed, glancing to judge at the side who was watching them sharply.

Suho was taken aback by her words. He took a deep breath and calmed down.

"Who will provide for you? Huh?" Suho provoked. He was trying to pressure her to back out, Jennie has seen this often.

"For one, you will, as you are going to pay custody." Jennie responded for her, glaring at him.

Suho snorted, folding his arms. "There's no way I will."

"We will see." Jennie shrugged and grabbed Jisoo's arm, putting more distance between them and him. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm starting to think this was a mistake..." She teared up.

"It's not, I promise. This is just the most painful part. I can't tell you that's it's going to be easy after the verdict since even if the physical scars heal, the mental ones will still be there. But at least I can promise you, the pain will get smaller, one day, and that's not going to happen if you stay with him."

Jennie retrieved a handkerchief from her suitcase and let the other blow her nose with it. She patted her back and went to get her a bottle of water from a vending machine.

*****

During the trial all the cards were playing in their favour. Of course they were in the right, so this is how it should be but that changed when Suho started bringing in so called witnesses which were all his friends and they were clearly lying for him.

"Suho is a gentleman, he always treated his wife right."

"Not once has he hit her. He always bought her flowers and cooked for her."

"I heard her say how kind he is. A respectable man."

Jisoo was getting more anxious by the second, Jennie had to calm her down by placing a hand on her thigh and giving her a reassuring squeeze.

At last came a witness Jennie knew very well. He was wearing a grey suit and glanced at her shortly.

"We had them over for dinner." Kai started. "My wife was a bit tipsy so she thought she had seen things that weren't there. She was drinking too much wine. All of our guests can confirm that."

What the hell? Jennie scowled at Kai, pure hatred in her eyes. Why is he doing this? She never expected him to be such a scumbag and felt deeply betrayed.