♪ Chapter 8 ♪

Ranboo POV

I guess he was seriously upset and disappointed. But I was also really disappointed and confused by our morning. So when he burst out saying all that stuff, I was relieved that he also wanted to go on a date.

But, he was being stubborn now. And I didn't know anything else, so- I used music. I figured, he might like that?

Tommy obviously didnt want me singing to him at his brothers work. So he panicked, "No! Okay, okay- I'll-"

"Well, I will call you darlin' and everything will be okay 'Cause I know that I am yours and you are mine." I sang nervously.

It was a cheesy song, but it was popular enough that I think he'd know it. His eyes widened and he shook his head at me.

I took a deep breath and continued, "Doesn't matter anyway. In the night, we'll take a walk, it's nothing funny. Just to talk."

He walked over and I took the microphone off the stand, holding it up high so he couldn't take it from me, "Put your hand in mine~ You know that I want to be with you all the time~"

I held his hand and he blushed brightly.

"You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~" I winked.

He laughed then squeezed my hand, "Ra-"

"You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~ Until I make you mine..." I sang to him and he shook his head laughing.

Then a worker came over. I smirked, "Put your hand in mine! You know that I want to be with you all the time! You know that I won't stop until I make you mine!"

The worker noticed I was serenading and awed watching. A crowd gathered and I continued, "You know that I won't stop until I make you mine! Until I make you mine~"

He got embarrassed of the overwhelming crowd. I just swung his hand and focused on him, singing, "It's hard to feel you slipping. Through my fingers are so numb, and how was I supposed to know- That you were not the one? Put your hand in mine~ You know that I want to be with you all the time! You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~ You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~ Until I make you mine...Put your hand in mine. You know that I want to be with you all the time."

He was blushing really hard and the crowd was in awe. I winked, "Oh darlin', baby, you're so very fine~ You know that I won't stop until I make you mine...Until I make you mine...."

I set the microphone down and the crowd clapped. He laced our fingers, "Yes. I'll go on a date with you."

I hugged him tightly, "Thankyou."

The crowd slowly disburse away and the worker walked up, "I'm required to tell you not to use the equipment as excessively, especially not at that volume. But uhm, that was adorable."

Then the worker noticed Tommy, "Tommy!? Wilbur's brother? Holy shit, Will is on break."

He sighed relieved, "Oh thank god- Don't tell him...yeah?"

The worker shrugged, "I suppose not."

Tommy smiled a thankyou then the man walked off. I hugged him again, "Same time and place. I promise I'll have a plan."

He hugged me back, "Okay."

We pulled away and he laughed, "That was really sweet by the way. No ones ever done that for me....It felt like a sorta movie thing that people do."

I shrugged, "Figured you'd like it. Plus, none of those other boys would've done that for you."

He laughed again, that adorable laugh, "Yeah, I suppose you're right." Then he saw his brother come out from the break room, "Text me, okay? I'm serious- I want my phone blown up with messages from you."

I nodded, "I'll message you, promise."

He cupped my face, "You're so cute...Now hurry up and get outta here."

"Bye Tommy." I smiled.

He smiled, "Bye Ranboo."

I kissed his hand then hurried off and out of the Guitar Center. I began walking back home feeling so good about myself.

He totally likes me just as much as I like him. And this is great....Tomorrow will be perfect too.

As I was walking, I just couldn't contain myself. I took out my phone and messaged him, "miss you". Then I added, "Don't eat breakfast tmrw. I wanna take u out to eat for our date."

I waited patiently for a reply, then I put my earbuds in. I scrolled through my Spotify and played the song I'd sung earlier, "Make You Mine - PUBLIC"

Then I got a reply, "okay got it." And shortly after, "Miss u too"

I blushed lightly, "Ur brother giving u a hard time?"

"No. He doesnt know."

"Good ;)"

He liked my message and I frowned, Why doesn't he continue the conversation?

I took it upon myself now, "Excited for our date?"

"Yeah. U?"

"Yes" I replied and he liked the message again. I groaned then asked, "What's ur favorite color?"

I face palmed internally, "He's gonna think I'm stupid- ugh!"

"Why?" And he thinks I'm stupid!

I thought up a reason and sent, "Can't tell u"

He didn't ask any more questions, "Blue. And urs?"

"Also blue" I smiled then added, "Fav flower?"

"Forget-me-nots" He replied then added, "Especially the blue ones. They're tiny, but very pretty."

I smiled thinking of it, "Sounds lovely"

"Yeah :]"

I liked his message then sent, "Any other favorite things?"

"A bunch. But none very important."

I sighed then sent, "Alright then- later?"

"Later!" He replied rather fast.

I frowned then liked his message. I pocketed my phone and listened as the song passed and another played.

As I approached my building, I texted my brother to see if he was home, "U home?"

I was walking up the stairs when he replied, "Nah, why?"

"No reason" I replied then added, "Gonna be off to work rn"

"Kay" He responded then added, "Bringing someone home? ;)"

I blushed thinking of the blonde boy. I shook it off, "What?- no."

"Kay, later bro :D" He sent back.

I pocketed my phone as I reached my floor. I walked into my apartment. Then I quickly got ready for work. Now it was back off to the restaurant.

1,072 words