Chapter 4

A younger Ford sat in the mindscape playing chess with an all too familiar triangle Bill. They chuckled and talked about how far Ford had come on building the portal "I've only just started" Ford rubbed the back of his neck. "Exactly started on a bright future for both of us, in fact I even have a surprise for you" Bill exclaimed making the chess board disappear and he floated in the air, Ford watching him "surprise? For me?" He asked. Bill chuckled "of course brainiac, everyone needs a surprise once in a while"

Ford looked intrigued as he watched Bill who turned into a human form right before his eyes "woah how did you-? Nevermind this is incredible" Ford said basically checking Bill out Bill smiled smugly "I knew you'd like it, figured it'd be more appealing to talk to this form" Ford shook his head at this "I like your triangle form" Bill smirked "I know you do~" he laughed at the look on Fords face "lighten up Poindexter" Ford collected himself "can I examine you- for research" Ford asked ("for research" 😉) "have at it Fordsy" Bill replied. As Ford examined Bill's new form he took mental notes he'd write down later, Bill let him "I've got all the bells and whistles, if you know what I mean" he winked? Blinked? Ford couldn't tell but it made him blush slightly "fascinating"

Suddenly Ford was yanked back to reality when he woke up, when did he fall asleep? He couldn't remember he tried to push the dream away he didn't want to remember those times when he was so foolish, so blind. "Get out of my head Bill" he got up, prepared himself for the day then decided to try to distract himself, focus on other things, leave Bill behind in the past where he belonged.

Focusing on other creatures helped for a little while until Ford remembered when he was diving too deep searching for answers, putting his trust in Bill. It was like cancer that kept coming back every time he thought he defeated it. In his head, under his skin, a scratch that moved around his body that wouldn't go away. He felt like he was going crazy, everything was fine not that long ago, Bill was gone, Ford was free, and now he's back, tormenting him for eternity. What if it was just in his head? What if Bill wasn't really back? Had he finally lost his mind after everything he's been through? No he wasn't crazy, crazy people don't know their crazy, he was sane at least for now. One thing was certain, Bill was back and Ford might need help.