Chapter Seven ❤ "Resentment turning into abashment"

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Avoiding it Jassim continued; "But I live with simple rules, yearning for some kindness and solicitude." Jassim finished placing his hands in his pants pockets. Zayed looked away from him, and closed his eyes again, labeling Jassim as a total pain in the neck.

"I love Zayed but that doesn't mean that I do not love you." Umm Zayed spoke with love, "He's just been away from me for over four years, let me take in his warmth for I have missed it a lot." She said, still playing with his hair. Jassim took the sofa next to them.

"Mother your son has grown up, don't cuddle him so much. Tomorrow he will get married and look for this tenderness elsewhere." He joked. "Then don't come to me with a broken heart." Jassim noticed the excruciating look Zayed shot him as his mother didn't bother to reply. He stood up, pretending to look offended.

"I see that my presence is unwanted, I should go back to my lover." Jassim announced. Umm Zayed gasped, placing her hand on her heart.

"What did you just say? Your lover? Have you gotten married behind my back?" She stammered making Jassim burst into laughter. He came and sat beside her as she still glared at him.

"When I say 'My lover' I mean my car." He said, kissing her forehead. "Don't worry you'll always be my first love." He then turned to Zayed, who was about to get up.

"Agool, (Listen) Hamad, is waiting for you in the Maylis (A room outside the house, where the male guests are received)"

"And you're telling me this now? When did he come?" Zayed questioned turning back to his mother.

"About ten minutes ago. Seeing you taking over my kingdom made me forget him." Jassim passed him a smile as Zayed picked up his mother's hand and kissed it, then he leant forward and hit the front of jassim's cap with his hand making it fall off. Jassim grunted.

"I never left my kingdom to take it over now again." Zayed replied getting up and making his way to the Maylis.

**

As he walked to the Maylis, he couldn't help but think about Mahra. Zayed hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Hamad about her in Rashid's farm because of their friend's presence. For some odd reason he thought that Hamad's presence here today had something to do with her. 'Oh, yes for sure.' He thought remembering the way she had acted the other day on the phone.

He also was a little concerned about Hamad's reaction. What will he do if Hamad really does ask him to give Mahra the position? which he doubts Hamad would. But, who knows? Having a sister like Mahra, who could get quite persistent, he might as well talk to him about her. Zayed wondered what he would say if he brought it up.

Shoving that thought aside, and running a hand through his ruffled hair, Zayed entered the guest room which was just besides the main building. He saw Hamad sitting there alone, upon Zayed's arrival, Hamad got up to greet his friend.

"Ya Marhaba Hamad." Zayed was delighted to see his friend here; it reminded him of the old days when they'd visit each other's houses once or twice a day. They both shook hands and did 'Takhashum' "Touching noses together when greeting. It is in original a Bedouin gesture of friendship and respect. Mostly after a handshake.)

After the formalities, and asking about each other's conditions and families, they both settled down. "It's been years haven't seen you in this, Maylis." Zayed said to him.

"Ya Akhee, I would always come here to see your father, but you weren't here." Hamad replied, looking around. "Where is your father? I actually came to see him." Hamad replied. Zayed was a little surprised when he heard that. He thought Hamad had come for other purposes. He felt bad for thinking so little of him.

His silence is his Pride (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें