Chapter Two ❤ "The Bad news continues"

Chapter Two

"The Bad news continues"

It wasn't until 9:30 AM when I was finally over with all the formalities of road control rules. I called the police and was given a ticket for breaking the idiotic parking board. Oh and yeah I have to go to the insurance company to fix my car too, Excellent!

I tried to forget about that and focus on the current issue. The meeting, I seriously am not in the state of actually attending it but I still have to. My make-up had melted in the heat and my hair needed to be fixed too. I refreshed my lip-gloss, perfume and tamed my hair a little. I wore my shailah, took my stuff and headed to the building.

The security man greeted me yet again, today. It's been a year since I've been working here and that is a long enough period for me to get to know every employee in this office. Oh and just something to add about my personality, I am a little too social, so it's easy for me to get along with people everywhere.

Once there, I almost darted from one corridor to the other with the sound of my heels tapping on the floor. It was strange how quite it was down there. I saw Mrs. Miller, a Scottish woman, sitting as usual on her desk in front of the meeting room. Once her eyes laid on me, she widened them in surprise.

"Mahra," she stood up. "I thought you won't be coming." She said, marching towards me. As she walked I noticed that her striped skirt was ruffling and riding-up slightly. She was a short plump woman with green eyes and red hair which was a great but weird combination, I always thought.

"Good morning to you too, Mrs. Miller." I said, a little sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, morning. You are late." She told me like I didn't know that already; "The meeting has started half an hour ago." I looked away, cringing my forehead.

"I know, I know but I just got caught up with some stuff. Is everyone there?" I asked, stepping forward towards the door.

"Yes, Yes." She nodded, and waved her hand as a sign for me to go in and I did.

I wanted to ask her what the meeting was about before going in but once the door was opened and all of the eyes have turned towards me, I simply forgot all that was on my mind.

Almost all of the members of our department were gathered in the large meeting room. There weren't enough seats for them to be seated; therefore half of the employees were standing and listening to Mr. Waleed, my boss. He looked at me and smiled, which eased my disturbed nerves.

"Sorry Sir," I apologized and I was about to start giving him my excuse but he silenced me with a gentle hand gesture. There was no place for me to sit so I stood next to one of my colleagues, Noora. She smiled at me and I returned it, then both of us turned to listen to what Mr. Waleed was saying.

At first, I didn't get half of whatever he was talking about as my mind still grieved over my car, but when his words like; "From now on" and "After I am gone" clicked in, I began to get confused. What's going on?

I turned to Noora, questioningly.

"Mr. Waleed is resigning. His son's going to take over." She whispered to me. The news shocked me of course, and it looked like she felt the same way too and couldn't help but spread the gossip around as soon as she could. Us girls!

"What?" I demanded. My voice was louder than a whisper so she elbowed me because my reaction did cost us some glances from the people around us.

I looked at Mr. Waleed and at the guy sitting next to him. And that's when I went completely rigid. I don't know how I could be so oblivious, I totally missed him. It's the guy I saw this morning, the one who offered to help me.