Aaron would never understand how Luke did it, but he somehow always seemed to pull it off every year, and Aaron was grateful - immensely grateful to him.

He knew he could tell Luke what was wrong, not that he didn't trust the other guys, but he knew Luke would understand.

H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶

Luke knew Aaron well - not well enough like the back of his hand, but perhaps he knew Aaron like the tips of his fingers ; subtle and smooth.

And Aaron always liked to think that when this time of the year came around, Luke would always leave before he wakes up, knowing that Aaron would like to be alone to think.

Aaron grasped onto the handle of his cup more tightly as his blue eyes flickered to the clock, and he quietly got up and went to get ready.

It was 11 am.

✕✕✕

Aaron let out a little sigh as he honked his horn again, gritting his teeth the further he looked at the traffic ahead.

He had no idea why there was this much traffic at 1 in the afternoon, and it was bundling his nerves in anxiety as he slowly moved.

It never occurred to him on how cool the Canadian air was, whipping his hair from side to side as he passed along high ways, tickling his arm on the steering wheel as he drove.

Aaron has been driving for about 2 and a half hours now, and he was slowly going to lose his patience.

But he didn't.

B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

Rose always seemed to calm him down, allowing the traffic not to bother his mind too much, because h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ whining over traffic wasn't worth it.

S̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶t̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶

His grip on the steering wheel loosened as he exhaled a small breath, running a hand through his hair as he took a gulp of his water.

Aaron had only made a few pit stops here and there, whether it was to buy a small pack of crisps, or even a bottle of water or use the toilet, that was pretty much the only reason he left the car.

Aaron suddenly felt his phone beep in his pocket.

He let out a breath, if it was Luke asking-

H̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶.̶ ̶

He stared down at the text he has just reached while h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶, his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

W̶a̶r̶m̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶m̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶m̶t̶h̶.̶ ̶

And perhaps it was then that Aaron thought that we didn't need actions to show care.

We didn't need to hold each others hand all the time, or to pat one's shoulder constantly to gesture ones presence or support.

One could use words.

The combination of simple letters, but yet, they seem to make the biggest impact on Aaron's heart.

H̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

Because when he looked again at the text she sent him, and at the concern her words were whispering, he knew she cared.

A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶.̶ ̶