Chapter 5: the lunar crystals

"I know you have come here to explore the Lunar Subterraine" said Fusoya.

"How did you know?" Asked Laura.

"As a sage, I am attuned to magic. I'm capable of predicting motives within the explorers who have come before you" he explained.

The team were puzzled at what he had said, for this is new to them.

"To answer your questions: my people, the Lunarians, originated from a planet between the red planet and the big behemoth. This very moon you're in is actually a space ship, designed to transport the survivors of my kind from our planets destruction" he explained.

The team was surprised at this reveal, the moon that has been orbiting around their planet for eight hundred years is actually a space ship. However, they started to wonder what just happened to the Lunarian home world that caused them to flee onto what it is now the Blue Moon.

"You, boy wearing a towel" said Fusoya.

"Me?" Asked Siegfried, as he saw the Lunarian sage nodded.

"Yes, you. I've sensed that you were a dragoon before you changed classes" said Fusoya.

"Well... I became a Scrubber when I picked up a crystal that contains the job class, the woman that used to own this told me that a Scrubber came to the moon base invented this job as a means to teach others about soap and water abilities" Siegfried explained.

"Ah, your kind aren't the only ones who invented job classes. Upstairs is where the eight Lunarian crystals are located, there is a trove of crystal fragments that recorded job classes that my kind has invented. You may use them" said Fusoya.

The team headed upstairs and saw eight crystals that floated above the altars, but they're separated into two halves: the dark crystals to the left and the elemental crystals to the right. The four elemental crystals resembled the ones back on their world, but only paler whereas the four dark crystals are slightly a deeper shade. They each walked around, until Sonya discovered a large box containg crystal fragments.

"Are these the lunarian job classes?" Asked Eric.

"This is no doubt" replied Siegfried.

"We should each take one, just in case" said Sonya.

They heard footsteps, and saw Fusoya coming upstairs.

"That might be a wise decision, because I don't really tolerate thieves stealing years worth of work on the job classes. If you want to show your leaders the lunarian job classes, I won't mind. However, I hate it when the job classes were used for war" said the Lunarian sage.

"We won't, but the empire won't be happy when they're denied of something very useful" Eric remarked.

Fusoya took each crystal fragment that each contained a job class and placed them on the floor, showing the team that there's over twelve crystal fragments. Each of the crystal fragment has a symbol that corresponds to a job class that has been stored, similar to the crystal that contains the Scrubber job class that Siegfried possesses. Siegfried reached into his bag and pulled out the Scrubber crystal, to show the Lunarian sage.

"Whoever invented this job class must be very proficient" remarked Fusoya.

"At first, I felt very embarrassed walking around in the moon base wearing nothing but a towel. I soon get used to it, because it has become very useful to me" said Siegfried.

"The first crystal fragment that I pulled out contains the Mascot job class, it may not be much but it has some uses" said Fusoya as he pointed to the first fragment that has the symbol of an oval with cat ears etched into it.

Sonya felt curious and wanted to try it out, only to remember that she spent years studying white magic and doesn't want to waste it.

"The second crystal fragment is the Psion, it allows the user to use psychic powers" explained Fusoya as he pointed to the crystal fragment that has an eye symbol etched into it

This intrigues Laura, as she hasn't even heard of psychic powers. As a black mage, she casts elemental and status ailment magic. There hasn't been anyone with psychic powers back in the blue planet (the team's world).

"The third crystal fragment is the Dreamer, it allows the user to put enemies to sleep and damage them in their sleep" explained Fusoya as he pointed to the crystal fragment that has a crescent moon etched into this.

The rest of the crystals is up to the team to try out, but Siegfried prefers to be a Scrubber due to being able to conjure a mix of soap and water. Eric thought about choosing the mascot job class, but at the same time he relies on the visor to see things clearly due to being half blind because of the experimental serum.

Sonya picked up the crystal fragment that has a staff on it, wondering if it's a devout job class (The devout a.k.a the seer job class is an upgraded version of the white mage). However, she felt that she should learn level six white magic before taking on the devout job class.

"Do we change back to our job classes after acquiring these?" Asked Sonya.

"Yes, not only that, you can use your old abilities" replied Fusoya.

Authors note: how was the chapter Introducing the job classes? Next chapter will be about job classes.