Soon enough, loud noises of a blade crashing with metal and a cold breeze coming from your left caught your attention as you immediately turned to run towards the potential danger. Stupid? Nah, you thought ahead.

Time froze around you just like the trees that came into view, a fight frozen in time was settled at the center of it. A black haired girl with butterfly accessories and haori lunging towards a man with silver hair and golden fans mid air, with a determined expression and blade ready to cut the man with an amused expression on his face.

Flower Hashira : Kocho Kanae and Uppermoon 2 : Douma.

You stood behind Kanae as you observed her figure which was more injured than Douma, thankfully she had no fatal injuries yet. She was barely able to fight at her condition, adrenaline being the only thing keeping her up.

You narrowed your eyes at this and sighed, you might have to intervene with this fight before the fatal hit is delivered. You weren't stupid, you knew you didn't stand a chance with Douma.

Demons don't play fair and so do you.

You removed your blade from it's sheath as you swiftly cutboff his arms to prevent him from blocking or delivering a fatal attack. You took his golden fans and gave it to your now awake crow, telling it to drop it as far away from their location and find Kocho Shinobu to lead her and the assistance here.

You had to result into choking the crow for it to agree. As the crow flew away, with the fans you made your way to hide in the trees.

You narrowed your eyes as you unfroze time. Kanae and Douma flinched at the absence of his arms and weapon, Kanae recovered fast with narrowed eyes and immediately aimed for his neck.

Practically yelling out her attack, Douma looked back at Kanae, his pupils dilating before barely dodging her blade by leaning back.

You and Kanae mentally cursed at this as Kanae landed on her feet and turned towards Douma who was now behind her with the first expression he had ever made other than amusement and bloodlust.

Douma took a minute as he struggled regenerating his arms. 'what..what is this feeling..why can't i regenerate quickly' he thought with a slightly troubled and dumbfounded expression.

Kanae scowled as she lunged to attack again, Douma looked up at her figure with both arms almost done regenerating. Ready to form another set of war fans but suddenly time seemed to slow as his eyes slowly widened.

An H/C girl came into view, jumping down from the trees and delivering barrages of attacks at him, most in which he failed to keep up with due to her speed in normal time. She left as quick as she arrived.

A large wave of agonising pain hit him as time came back to normal, he fell onto his knees as blood was spit out of his mouth.

His expression was one that showed horror and fascination at the same time. He felt something. He is feeling something after all these years.

He glanced up at Kanae who was seconds away from digging her blade into his neck, he tried dodging but the pain caused him to be unable to move much as Kanae sliced halfway into his neck.

Kanae's expression paled in horror as Douma gave a cocky smirk.

"My, Oh my, has your blade gone dull dear demon slayer?" Douma teased as Kanae clenched her teeth, inhaling as she readied herself to perform another breathing style but was cut off by a pain in her lungs.

A rib was slightly poking her lungs, but it was enough to give her trouble breathing. She coughed as she let go of her blade and her hands went upto her neck, struggling to catch air. She stepped back, away from Douma whom held a sadistic expression which quickly turned into fascination once he caught sight of an H/C haired figure coming into his view.

His smirk grew into a grin, trying his best to ignore the agonising pain he felt as he stood up, the hashira's blade still deep into his neck.

He got ready to defend himself from any possible attacks you could deliver but none came as you ran towards Kanae, catching her before she fell on her back after tripping over a rock.

Her breath hitched at the sight of a stranger saving her from more injuries as you leaned her body onto a tree where ice was absent. Douma stood behind you with a confused expression before chuckling as you started pulling out medical equipment, careless of his presence.

Kanae raised her hand urgently trying to stop you because the danger was still present at the scene but you shook your head reassuringly. She was hesitant but complied after catching the look of confidence in your eyes, so she tried to trust your judgement.

Just then Douma's chuckle turned into coughing as he coughed out blood, a head splitting wave of pain suddenly came and an order was given by his master.

"Leave her be, Douma."

He blinked as he raised a brow at this command, considering on defying it for the sake of his masters reaction before his attention was directed towards the sky that was slowly being conquered by dawn.

Yelling and footsteps were heard from the distance, signaling assistance was coming near.

He was fascinated at the genuine dissapointment that he felt as he saw that he had no other choice. These new emotions, these new feelings, it fascinates him so much that it decides to unravel after all these years. Only after coming across an H/C haired woman with what he thought was impressive speed.

He retreated after staring at your back with a brief hesitation, running off to find shelter to hide him from the wrath of the sun.

You lightly bit your tounge in concentration as you moved quickly, knowing the demon was now long gone, mentally thanking yourself for calculating the timing well as you tended to Kanae's injuries.

She stared in wonder as you expertly worked on patching her up and stopping as much bloodloss as you could.

You weren't being stupid by carelessly tending to an injured person while the danger was right behind you, you were confident in your calculations and that confidence led to success of the plan.

The yelling and footsteps became more apparent as it drew near, Kanae perked up at the sound of the familiar voice of her sister.

"Shi..Shinob-" before she could finish she broke into a fit of coughs as you rubbed her back, finished patching her up as you held a strange pill in your hand. She raised a brow as you raised it up to her mouth, she looked to you and to the mystery pill before she hesitantly opened her mouth.

You quickly out the pill in her mouth and offered her water to help her swallow it, which she gladly complied. She let out a satisfied sigh after swallowing the pill as she glanced up at you expectantly as you stared off into a certain direction.

You glanced down at her as you stood up, dusting yourself off before clearing your throat. "First of all thank you for your trust and compliance. Second, that was a pain killer, it should help you deal with your injuries better." you said as you bent down to give her a container containing more of the same pills.

"Here's some more incase you need it." you added as she stared at the container with wide eyes and her mouth agape.

"Ah! There's really no need at all! Yo-You didn't need t-" she tried returning the pills with a sweatdrop before you pushed it away firmly and shaking your head.

She was about to say something but she was cut off by another voice.

"NEE-SAN!" A new voice yelled behind you as you turned your head to her, as did Kanae.