ꜱɪxᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗞ai winced as he absentmindedly rubbed his tired eyes, having forgotten that he had a black eye now

𝗞ai winced as he absentmindedly rubbed his tired eyes, having forgotten that he had a black eye now.  Sucking in a breath, remembering, he ignored the dull throb and popped open the car door, stepping onto the familiar gravel. As a yawn escaped his lips, he stared at the black warehouse, hoping, and praying that after everything they've done for these people, they'd be set free soon.

The both of them had been called for a meeting this morning, even though they'd met up with them yesterday. After being forced to watch what they had planned for Rayne, they were dismissed and told they weren't going to be needed for a while. Clearly, plans changed, though the reasoning behind that, he was unsure of.

There was something strikingly eerie about the ambiance of the warehouse today; sure, over the weeks, it had been creepy, but something about today was ... different.

And unsurprisingly, it didn't feel like a good difference.

"You coming?" Kaedyn interrupted his thoughts.

Kai looked to the side and viewed his twin; his hand was already on the door a few feet ahead of him. His calm, blue eyes glanced at him with sincerity and understanding—so more apparent than they had been in the past. As strands of purple hair fluttered in the wind, a smile spread across his lips; he tipped his head in a nod and sped over to keep up with him.

"What's that look for?" he snorted, walking inside.

"I don't have a look."

"Yes, you do."

"Agh, it's nothing." 

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

Kai rolled his eyes, "Okay, twat, I was appreciating you in my head—happy?"

His twin let out a breathy laugh, "Very."

Instead of rolling his eyes again, he slipped a step behind and smiled to himself, glad that even though his feelings were no longer hidden, it wasn't awkward between them, nor was he obligated to show them constantly. And even in moments right now, when Kaedyn teased him, he didn't feel like he was speaking down on him or calling him out like he would have in the past.

It was refreshing.

"Quit cheesing and put on your game face," Kaedyn raised his eyebrows, whispering.

"I'm not doing anything, shithead," he huffed, returning to his apathetic self.

"Good—I count on your irritation to get us through this."

Before he could respond with something snarky, Kaedyn placed his back on the door and shoved it open, slipping in with a spin. Kai caught the door on his hand and shoved it open further, copying his steps and entering. At first, everything seemed to be normal.

Until it wasn't.

He stopped in his tracks and took in the room. Under normal circumstances, the bosses would have their stupid monitors plugged in and projected on the walls, but neither of them seemed to be present. Enzo stood off to the side of the room, passing a blade between his fingers—spinning and spinning, not pausing to look up at them. The usually vacant long table now had a warm body filling up the head seat on the opposite side of the room.