"Just wanted to say that I hope you have a pleasant and productive day while you're out there." She tells him warmly.

Connor's mutual hold tightens just a bit. He inhales, then exhales. Both softly through his nostrils. Recalling back to the Italian themed movies they watched together, he mimics an affectionate gesture he's seen and presses a kiss to her temple.

"Thank you. I... I'm grateful to have a mother like you." He speaks gently in kind. At this, Joel's lips take on an even bigger smile as she subtly brushes her cheek against his - a gesture he gives back within the same nature.

"I'm grateful for how you turned out, as well. You've shown me a beam of light that my work habits have obscured from my sight for so long. Now go out there and be great, Connor." She bids him farewell and plants a kiss of her own onto his cheek. The two finally part and head their separate ways.

"That's all I know how to do." His last words spoken to her before he shuts the door behind himself.

—-----

Superman heads right for his meeting point upon stepping out into public space. Drawing eyes as he steps out of the building and takes off into the sky in broad daylight. Not too much time passes before he nears it and sees the Rex Leech waiting on a corner near the mall they initially met within. He descends upon the seated businessman on the bench and is greeted with a smile.

"Hey-hey, there's my Superboy!"

"Man. My name is SuperMAN, Mr. Leech." Connor firmly corrects within his usual stoic manner.

"Of course, of course! My bad, kid. Won't happen again. But I like that attitude! A guy who knows himself and doesn't let anyone 'sway him any other way. Never lose that part of you, my good man."

"I certainly won't. And as you've requested, I've watched every bit of media you picked out for me. What happens next?"

"Oh, did ja' now? Hmm. All of it?"

"Yes. All of it." The kryptonian affirms with a nod.

"And did you learn anything? Picked up on any lingo?"

"Yes, quite a number of things. I think I know what I need now... I need style. The first things I want to do is get myself a fly leather jacket and a fresh cut." Connor answers, a bit of character bleeding into his tone.

"Oh-ho-ho! Yup, I can tell something clicked alright! C'mon then, there's a barbershop slash hair salon nearby. We'll turn that head of hair of yours into something mag-niffi-co!" Rex tells him, wasting no time at all to lead the costumed young man toward the mentioned shop across the street from the mall. Through its front door, their arrival is made known by the bell just above it. Three workers inside turn toward the new customers with a curious look.

"Hey-hey, got a big order this early morning! A super order, to be exact. You guys are open and ready, right?" Rex takes the initiative.

"Yeah, we're open. Your ol' boy there the one getting a haircut? Is he playing dress up with his friends today or something?" A sassy blonde jabs, drawing a bit laughter from her co-workers.

"Ha, yeah! It's a... cool design n' all, but I'm pretty sure Superman's costume is blue, and your son's a bit too old to be dressin' like that, don't cha' think?" The short-haired brunette nearby chimes in.

"What!? No-no, this guy's the real deal! He's the NEW Superman. Just look at him! You see the guy's muscles under that swanky suit? This ain't no stringbean phony!" Rex assures adamantly.

"Oh yeah? Then let's have him prove it." The third, a male speaks up this time.

"Okay, no biggie. How do ya reckon he should prove it to ya guys?" Rex asks. Meanwhile, the subject of the topic nonchalantly observes in silence. His associate pretty much stating everything he could have possibly wanted to convey.

"Ay Maggie, go grab me a cup of water, will you? I know how we can quickly settle this." The male requests of his coworker. The blonde obliges and heads toward the back.

"Sure, Donny. I'm pretty curious myself." After a moment of small noises, including a moment of running water, she returns with a red plastic cup in hand. Donny gently takes it out of her hand and gives it to the lad in black.

"If you're really Superman, then you should have no problem turning the water in that cup into ice. After all, the old Superman was able to freeze entire bodies of water with his breath alone." Donny proposes. The clone arches a brow as he looks down at the cup within his hand.

"Go on then, Supa' Man. Dazzle us." Maggie teasingly eggs him on. Everyone was watching the clone.

"Heh-heh. C'mon, kid. Go ahead and show 'em." Rex encourages.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Connor takes in a mild breath and blows. A bit of a disaster initially. Though he was trying to be careful, the potent blow of his breath sends a bit of water splashing onto Maggie, startling the four around.

"Hey, watch it!" Maggie raises her hands to block any more incoming water. But by then, the kryptonian adjusts his super-breath. No longer merely blowing, but freezing the liquid and the upper half of the cup with a crackling spread of ice. By the time he's done, a chilly aura subtly flows from the frozen plastic, earning wide-eyed looks from everyone.

"See!? What I tell ya!? He's the real deal!" Rex excitedly blurts out.

"Y-yeah.. I... that's definitely something Superman could do. I'm convinced now." Donny admits.

"Good, now can we get service here or what?"

___________

Soon after, the two emerge from the shop. The kryptonian quite satisfied with the work done by both the hairstylist and barber who put their talents together to give him a rather charming look.

"Man.. That really is a nice haircut, kid. Turned out better than I thought it would." Rex compliments the young man.

"Thank you. It's actually better than I had hoped, too. Way better. Money and time well spent." Connor responds, unable to fight the grin tugging at his lips.

"Glad ya think so! Next up: that leather jacket! The mall is... still out of the question, but I reckon we can find a store nearby that sells some really nice ones." Rex assures. And after a bit of exploring, the two stumble upon a shop called Threadin'. A local clothing store. Inside wasn't quite enormous, but it was definitely bigger than the average. Rex decides to wait by the door while Superman goes about going through their plentiful selection. Minutes pass, just a little over five, before the kryptonian finally picks one out and takes it to the counter.

"Will this be all, Sir?" The cashier asks.

"Yes. This is all I want." Connor answers, and she begins ringing him up. He pays the due amount via a debit card stored in a hidden pocket under the right wrist of his sleeve. The transaction is made before she begins removing the store implemented bits that didn't belong with a tool she retrieves from behind the counter. During, the sound of screeching tires and gunshots graze his inhuman hearing. He looks toward the source with his varying visions and discovers that it's a police chase taking place. The red car being pursued filled three armed men who were open firing on the authorities on their tail. A sight that draws a scowl from him.

"Would you like–"

WHOOOSH.

Before the cashier can finish that question, a strong gust of wind blows through the store as the kryptonian rushes out in a blur, leaving even Rex Leech discombobulated.