Chapter 3: Zodiac

Start from the beginning

Mercy: "Welcome back, AI. So I take it that you found Chrono's candidate?"

AI: "What do you take me for? Some kinda failure?"

Mercy: "Yes."

AI: "Love you too. I did find them, though, even took care of the Rabbit Zodiac in the process."

Mercy: "Good news to start the day, I thought the signal disappearing was that it got away again. So who is—?"

Mercy spun in her chair and froze when she saw the kid from last night. He bowed and greeted her like he belonged here.

Mercy: "I'm sorry, but I must still be suffering from that hangover. What is he doing here?!"

AI: "That's our Kamen Rider Chrono."

Mercy: "The joke stopped being funny! Actually!? The joke was NEVER funny!"

All the screaming had stirred Connor awake, who shot up and fell backwards out of his seat. He groaned for a bit before looking around and seeing just what was happening.

Connor: "Ain't that the kid who came by last night?"

Mercy: "SO I AIN'T CRAZY! WHY DID YOU BRING HIM HERE!?"

AI: "Listen, I know you don't agree—"

Mercy: "What gave it away?"

AI: "But we already talking it through. He knows the risks, and yet he still wants to help."

Connor: "But he was barely compatible enough to turn INTO Chrono. What happened to the one-hundred percent candidate?"

AI: "That turned out to be a pretty bad choice. While she was capable of using all my power, she was too afraid to utilize any of it... And it was Trish."

Connor: "WAIT!? My little angel, Trish!? Please, uh, kid! Please become Chrono!" 

Connor rushed over to Kibou and clasped his hands. He dropped to his knees and started begging for him to accept the job, that he couldn't ever let Trish anywhere near this stuff.

Mercy: "Am I the only one with common sense? He'll get himself killed, either by the Zodiacs or by simply using Chrono. I can't in good faith let him."

Kibou: "Please."

Mercy glared across the room at the student, then turned to Connor who was giving her puppy-dog eyes, and then to AI who nodded. 

Mercy: "Ugh, fine, BUT, but, firstly we are running some tests on you and then after each mission, got it? If your body can't take it then we're taking Chrono away."

Connor: "What a Saint! I could just kiss you!"

He had attempted as such, causing Mercy to raise her hand out towards him.

Mercy: "Henshin!"

AI flew down from his perch and swatted him away before landing on her shoulder.

Mercy: "Here, come with me kid. We'll run those tests now."

Kibou: "Right." 

Mercy stood up and walked to a room off to the side. Kibou followed, giving a small bow to a knocked-out Connor, and AI transferred from her shoulder to his. The room was smaller than the one they were just in. An MRI machine in a secluded spot behind glass, and various medical looking stuff.

Mercy: "Go ahead and throw on a gown. I'll get everything set up. If we're lucky then there is no damage for now."

Kibou nodded and went to the locker that she pointed at, pulling out the blue gowns and turned back to see she had her back turned to him. The tests ran on for hours as his physical and mental state was closely examined. She considered him lucky that the only damages that were caused was Muscle Atrophy.