"Are you going to this party thing?" I asked.

Dimitri nodded. "I am, mostly just to see all of you have a good time. It's a good mixer for you to meet other Court Guardians. Chief Croft will also be there, so put your best foot forward," Dimitri said.

I smirked. "So I should wear the lowest-rise jeans and a crop top while painting 'Guardian 1.5' on my stomach?" I chirped.

Dimitri shook his head. "No. Please don't," he laughed.

I snickered and sighed, turning back to my bags.

"What kind of guise do I need to convince you to help me with this?"

Dimitri rolled his eyes and opened one bag, finding my delicates right on top. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, pulling that bag toward me. Dimitri chuckled and took the other one, unpacking the clothes and setting them on my dresser.

I put my clothes away while Dimitri unpacked my toiletries in the bathroom, telling me where he was putting things. I finished with my clothes and dug into my bag, tucking my stuffed alien under the pillow before Dimitri came out.

Dimitri folded my duffle bag as he came out, tucking it into my closet and then did the same with my bag. I changed into a clean pair of clothes and freshened up, fluffing my hair a little bit. I knew that Dimitri was ready for the mixer and I smiled at him and held my arms out for his opinion.

"What do you think?"

"I think you look beautiful," Dimitri said softly.

I snorted and grabbed the small purse I had and put it on my shoulder. I locked up my room and walked side by side with him, a happy smile on my face.

"So what is this mixer going to be like?"

"Like a big meet and greet, some drinks, some finger food. Casual," Dimitri explained as he tied his hair at the nape of his neck.

I nodded and waved at Eddie when I saw him heading out of his apartment.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

"Hey, ready for a wild time?" Eddied asked enthusiastically as he rubbed his hands together.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to get roaring drunk, do some lines. You know, the usual," I chuckled with a smirk. Eddie laughed and bumped my shoulder.

My friends took the news of my pregnancy well. Christian was indifferent, Eddie demanded to know if Jesse did something, and when I told them about the circumstances around my pregnancy, he calmed down. I didn't tell a lot of people, mostly just my close friends and Adrian. Adrian had an idea that I was pregnant because of my aura, but didn't want to say anything in case he was wrong.

"It's okay, I'll drink your drinks for you," Eddie said.

I grinned and tucked my hands into the pockets of my jeans. This part of Court was quite homey, not as flashy as the rest. It was more like a regular community and I was looking forward to living here.

Dimitri opened the door when we got to the building, he led us to it, gesturing for us to go in before him. I blinked at the lights and was stunned by the level of music. I expected this to be a little stuffier, but it was like an upbeat party.

I grinned up at Dimitri and bumped his shoulder.

"Ready to party?" I asked.

Dimitri rolled his eyes at me and introduced Eddie and me to a few people when we walked in. I didn't recognize most of them, but that was the whole point of tonight. I broke off after a bit in search of the snack table. I spied someone with cheese puffs and beelined for the bowl. I grabbed a handful of chips and munched on them as I walked around, my eyes wandering the room. I noticed a lot of the seasoned Guardians stayed together and talked while the new graduates were clumped together.