Chapter 07

The two weeks that TK stayed in the hospital passed without any scares, his knee healed without any problems and his shoulder was doing quite well. Although he was desperate to go home, he felt more at ease knowing that he was having daily ultrasounds and could see the twins every day.

The babies were doing well, growing as they should, although one was a little smaller than the other. They didn't notice it, they looked the same, two creatures that still didn't look human with a huge head and something like little arms, plus that tail that the doctor said they would lose as they grew.

One had been named Eggsy and the other Turtle, there was still some time before they found out the sex of the babies, but they wanted to be able to give them a name.

The night before he was discharged, Carlos stayed up talking to him until the nurses told them it was time to sleep.

"Tomorrow you will no longer be our patient, but until then you need to rest," he was told by Lucy, the nurse who had recently arrived from New York with whom TK had talked about his favorite places in their hometown. "And you, Carlos, starting tomorrow it's going to be up to you to take care of our boy, because I don't want to see him back here until it's time to deliver these two babies."

However, since neither of them were tired, they continued talking for a while longer until TK fell asleep. "Have you thought of names for the babies?" TK asked.

"Something tells me you have." Carlos smiled and gave TK a kiss on the cheek.

"I don't want to make any demands, but I had thought...I can't get it out of my head that if we have a girl..."

"Let me guess, if it's a girl, you don't know how to tell me that you want to name her Gwyneth."

"It was pretty easy, wasn't it?"

Carlos shrugged and smiled. "I know you and I knew your mother, it would be great if our daughter had her name, that will keep her always protected. What if it's a boy? Or two girls?"

"Your grandfather's name was Daniel, right?"

"Ty...there's no...you never met him."

"But with everything you've told me about him, I feel like I knew him and I think being named after him would also have our child protected. If it's two girls, I'd like it to be Luna."

"Luna," Carlos repeated and smiled. "I love it." He rested his head on TK's belly, he wasn't going to hear anything, but he liked to try every day so that when it was time for him to really notice something, he would be the first, along with TK.

The drive home was longer and slower than TK expected and he didn't understand why until he realized that the speed Carlos was driving at was well below normal.

"Do you think something bad is going to happen to the twins because of some pothole in the road?"

"I don't think anything but you just spent two weeks in the hospital after falling, pregnant, from a building. You're lucky your knee and shoulder healed so quickly and smoothly. I don't want to risk anything."

TK rested his hand on his boyfriend's leg and waited for him to turn toward him as he stopped at a traffic light. "I'm fine, the babies are fine, and I did a stupid thing in that building, but it won't happen again, I promise. Can you drive at a normal speed? I want to get home as soon as possible."

Carlos wasn't aware of it and TK didn't say anything to him. But he was realizing that his boyfriend was becoming more protective of him than he already was. He was picking up only daytime schedules, because he knew there was always someone with TK, he no longer worked evenings, because he had to be home with him to prepare dinner and a hearty but healthy breakfast the next day because TK had to take care of himself.