61. Troublesome Boat Ride

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think being surrounded by good wine and beautiful women, will 'enlighten' men the most? I hear one might even learn up to three or four different types of 'cultivation' in one night!"

"YOU FOUL-MOUTHED LITTLE -!"

"Elder brother Chén, calm down, calm down! You might break a vein if you're like this! Think about your meridians..."

LanFen wasn't sure if it was because she had dared to call him 'Elder brother Chén', after using the same mouth to discuss something so improper, but Shuǐ ChénLín had was now extremely angry.

He suddenly unleashed his aura, and the boat began to rock violently, causing the Rower to gasp, and start trying to steady the boat.

Waves were rising on all sides of the boat, and its wooden structure creaked dangerously, which made LanFen remember that Shuǐ ChénLín was quite strong, and that his core essence was water, which surrounded the boat for miles and miles.

'Not good! I think I pushed him too far!' LanFen turned serious at once, and she dropped to her knees without thinking.

"Fènghuáng-Jun. Sorry. Please let go of your anger. I don't think the boat can handle much further.

"Elder brother Lu and the Rower are also on this boat. I apologize for crossing your bottom line."

"Zhao LanFeng, you--!" Shuǐ ChénLín's aura had died down before her knees had even touched the floor.

He sighed. "You think for someone like you, I would ever dream of endangering Lu Xian, or an innocent rower?"

"Er... Ehehe, Sorry." LanFen cupped her hands and bowed.

Shuǐ ChénLín was silent for a short while, before speaking. "Get up! It annoys me further whenever you kneel like this! It contains more mockery than sincerity.

"You kneel so easily just to get your way, that I fear I might no longer be moved by anyone who falls to their knees!"

He turned. "Don't come out of here until tomorrow!" Then he flung his sleeves and stormed out to go and check on the situation of things.

LanFen watched him go before releasing a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

She got up after a while, then settled on one of the benches.

After that fiasco, she was more than ready for wine, so she brought out her wine gourd, not hesitating to drink a satisfying amount of the wine from it.

"Tch! Elder brother. I actually meant it this time..."

.

Outside the shelter, a gentle breeze ruffled Shuǐ ChénLín's cloak as he stared across the calm waters. The moon was out, bathing everything in a soft light, making his face appear even paler than usual.

He had apologized to Lu Xian and the Rower for the earlier burst of energy that had threatened the boat, but Lu FengHo had just grinned.

"I suspected something like these might happen, since this boat is quite small, so I reinforced it with a shield technique. You're strong, but even you can't break it, unless you're being deliberate." Lu FengHo shook his head.

"Calm yourself... Younger brother is just acting out, since we're returning to Camellia city." He said, as he turned to leave. "I actually wish he would turn some of his frustrations to me as well, but he doesn't."

Lu FengHo headed into the shelter to cheer Zhao LanFeng up, leaving Shuǐ ChénLín alone, and Shuǐ ChénLín now stood at the edge of the boat, watching the bright night sky, and the dark calm waters.