Arnav was such a good actor. He said all these effortlessly. His delivery was so convincing. If Khushi didn't know this was all an act, she would end up believing him. That's how convincing he was. Deep down Khushi wanted this to be true. She wanted to experience this kind of love.

"ASR, I am happy you finally forgave me. It's such a relief"

Lavanya was speechless. She came here today to tell Arnav that she is planning on leaving NK. Lavanya was hoping Arnav will take her back. But Arnav gave her the shock of her life. Not only he confessed he no longer loved her, but also he confirmed that he has never actually loved her.

From day one, she knew she never loved Arnav. She was always been in love with NK. But NK was from a middle-class family like hers. Getting married to NK would have never given her the life she has now. When Arnav proposed to her she didn't think twice before telling yes. Her plan was to leave Arnav after some time and live her life with the money she will get from the divorce.

But her plans took a 180-degree turn when she got to know she was 12 weeks pregnant. She ignored all the initial symptoms and by the time she went to a doctor, it was too late.

The only reason she started the affair with NK was to open up a pathway for divorce. She knew Arnav will never let go of Sifu's custody and as planned he fought for it and won.

Her plans again took a turn when Arnav put his condition for the one-off alimony payment. He agreed to pay Lavanya a handsome amount of one-off payment only if she gets married to NK. If she decided to stay single, there won't be any. Since it was Lavanya who got caught cheating, she didn't have a choice.

After her recent tour, she realized her bank balance is now almost zero and decided to leave NK and come back to Arnav. But this Khushi has ruined everything for her.

"Sorry Lavanya, I got carried away. Let's go back to the living room and talk"

"It's fine ASR, I think it is getting late. I should leave now"

"Lavanya, you haven't even met Sifu, Arnav Ji, you take her to the living room, I will bring Sifu down"

"But, I only came...."

"Come on Lavanya, Khushi is right. You came all the way so meet her before you leave. That will save you another trip"

Khushi came back with Sifu. Sifu is never excited to see Lavanya but today she was being adamant. She was holding on to Khushi without leaving her hand.

"Sifu, sweetheart, your mama is here. Go and say hello"

"No, Sifu stay with Kuchi"

"But baby, she came specially for you. At least say hello and give her a hug"

"Kuchi, she doesn't play with me"

"I promise I will read you two stories tonight if you go and say hi to her"

"Promise?"

"Pinkie promise"

As much as Khushi hated Lavanya, she can never take Sifu's right to meet her mother. She doesn't know about Arnav's life, but Lavanya will always be a part of Sifu's life.

Sifu ran towards Lavanya gave her a quick hug, said hello, and ran back to Khushi then hugged her.

Arnav witnessed all this from the top of the stairs. His admiration for Khushi grew deeper. She made sure Sifu go and greet Lavanya. He saw how Sifu chose Khushi over Lavanya. How came Sifu built such a deep connection with Khushi in such a short period of time?

Then it reminded him of his choices. He tried hard to convince himself that whatever he said to Lavanya in the kitchen is just an act. But who is he fooling? He can lie to someone else but he can't lie to himself. Each and every word that came out of his mouth was true.

Not only Sifu but also chose Khushi over Lavanya after all.

Arnav heard Lavanya leaving but he was not in a mode to meet her. He did all this to make her feel bad, to punish her but ended up forgiving her. Lavanya has always managed to bring out the worst in him but today, only because of Khushi he became his best self of him.

There is no argument that he is attracted to her, it is clear he is falling for her, but what about her?

He has seen her checking him out, he made her blush a few times so it is confirmed that she is also attracted to him. But is she falling for him? Does she feel the same things he is feeling for her?

One of the best feelings in this world is finding someone who really gets you. A person who lets you be vulnerable and honest. A person who encourages you to push past your flaws because they accept you as you are. Someone who never tells you that you are too much of this or too little of that instead they help you to become your best version. Because to them, you are just enough the way you are. 

...........................................................................................................

Hope you enjoyed reading chapter 18:)

Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

Enjoy the weekend!!