Filler: The Ace Chronicles (Pt3)

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh right, the Sky Island," Ace said. I nodded. "Aaand you want to go there without my help." I nodded again. "Riiiiight."

I flicked his hat up, almost knocking it off his head. "I know you wanna keep me for yourself but taking me into your pirate crew isn't the way to do it," I joked. His face turned red and he tipped his stool over, making him fall on the floor. "Aaand timber."

He quickly got to his feet and sat in the stool again once he got it upright, acting like he didn't just fall. "Stop teasing me, I just won't be able to see you for a while. If you were just a part of the crew, I'd see you way more often," he explained.

I raised a brow, "You have seen me for the past 6 days straight, not including today and those two days you were off the map. Not even counting the day we met before those two days."

"No, I have to go back to the New World soon. I won't be able to see you like I have up until now," he said. I gave a sound of realization. "I'm not sure when I'll be able to see you again."

"It's fine, Ace. You'll be able to visit me eventually. It's not like I'll forget about you," I told him. "You've got your whole life to see me again." (Lol...I'm sorry)

He shook his head, "I don't wanna just see you when I see you. There's gotta be something else we can do."

I sighed and walked to the other edge of the bar to pick up any empty tankards and cups. "That's just the life of being someone on the sea. You make friends in all kinds of places and then you don't know if you'll see them again because you keep moving," I reminded him, putting the cups into the giant sink.

"Yea, I know, but it didn't have to be like that for you and me, you know. Or at least I don't want it to be," he said.

"Aw that's cute," I hummed.

He let out a short laugh and sat up straight. "It's true, is all," he stated and looked out the window. The sun was going down. "I'm gonna need to go for today."

I wiggled my fingers at him, "Bye bye!"

"Don't be so happy to see me go," he huffed and stood up. Before moved from the bar, he said, "Hey, I've got a question for you."

My brow raised, "Yea? And what would that be?"

"Before I go for good, could I take you one place that your dad definitely didn't write about?" he questioned, a grin on his lips.

I rubbed my chin, "Hmmmm, it really depends on the day. If I'm not working, then yea, of course"

"You're always working," he deadpanned. I shrugged. He shook his head and started heading out. "I'll figure something out! See you!"

"See ya," I waved at his retreating figure.

~~~

I tossed around the two sake bottles I got from the bar. I paid for them, sadly, but now I have booze while I think up the next project I'll be making. It's worth it, in my opinion. The best ideas sprout when I'm drunk out my ass.

Upon approaching my house, I could see something sitting in front of it. I stuffed my bottles into the ridiculously large pockets of my cargo pants, a bottle on each leg. It was a person sitting there. I activated my devil fruit and cautiously made my way to a nearby building. With a peek around the corner, I got a closer look at whoever was waiting at my door.

"Oh," I blurted. It's Ace. I deactivated my devil fruit and walked over to the man slumped in front of my house. He didn't budge even as I stood right in front of him. I kicked his boot. He jolted awake and drowsily looked around before setting his eyes on my face.