𝐼𝐼𝐼

Its been a few weeks since both the Malfoys and the Potters have adjusted to Ilvermorny

Its been a few weeks since both the Malfoys and the Potters have adjusted to Ilvermorny. The kids already had favorite teachers, beside their parents.

The first few students of the new year at Ilvermorny have started to arrive as well. Of the students who have arrived it was mostly made up of excited or anxious first and second years and some studious later-years. Later that week would be the official beginning of the school year.

Scorpius stood just outside the Sorting Room, the one place he, Albus and Teddy weren't aloud to go into until the year started. He looked up at Isolt and James' statues in a lingering curiosity. He was itching to know more about Ilvermorny and its history. Was it true that one of its founders was a muggle? And another a descendant of one of Hogwarts' founder? He was simply dying to know.

The tall eleven year old's body lurched back when another crashed into his. A familiar cackle echoed,"Gotcha, Stinger!" Scorpius held on to Albus' legs as he adjusted to the added weight on his back,"I've told you to stop calling me that, Al. You don't see me calling you White Man do you?" he muttered, walking away from the Sorting Room, Albus slung his arms around Scorpius' neck and rested his chin on his arms,"That's because White Man sounds racially negative. And you're too nice for that."

Scorpius rolled his eyes. He noted how comfortable and confident he felt around Albus, though that's to be expected when they are sharing a year and their parents are coworkers. It was incredible how a few months of knowing the Potters could cause his confidence to spike. The boys were in their school uniforms, a long sleeved white button up shirt with a small cranberry tie and dark blue tapered pants.

After a brisk walk to the inner courtyard and sitting down on to the grass, Albus spoke up,"What house do you think you'll be in?"

Scorpius blinked,"What?" Albus sat up from his previous position of being draped across the Malfoy's lap and turned to face his best friend,"What house do you think you'll be in? Based solely on the students we know from the houses."

Scorpius pressed his lips and tried to think rationally. A few minutes later, he said,"Pukwudgie. From the books I've read and the people we've talked to, I think I'd be in the Pukwudgie House, maybe Horned Serpent." Albus hummed,"Well I think I'll be in Thunderbird. I've been told repeatedly that I am like my dad and he likes to go off to places when he can. Can't say I'm not curious about where he goes."

Scorpius hummed with a shrug,"Well, either way I'm sure we'll be happy with our house placements."

"Definitely."

~~~

"Welcome students, new and old, to the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To those who don't know me, I am your Headmaster, Agilbert Fontaine, and to those who do, I hope you had a wonderful summer," the aging man clapped his hands together excitedly,"Now, I would like to begin with the Sorting Ceremony! If you all could please follow me."