3- Arrived

I stare at the dark wood table, it's probably spruce. Whenever I'm stressed, I tend to notice these things. I look up from the table and see Atlantis staring at me in shock. I don't blame her, I probably was too. I never understood why they had chosen us. Why us? There's nothing in common between any of us that I can see, and we're definitely not sisters. I look up at her, tears spilling out of her eyes. She stares at the table and quietly murmurs,"Why us?" as if she was reading my mind. I stare at the table in hopelessness, when the doors burst open. "What the h*** are you doing to me!?!!?" a voice erupted from the halls. Flare was here, announcing her arrival with her loud voice & swearing. She burst into the room, her long red hair flying around. That's Flare for you, exactly what her name sounds like. Strong, impulsive and very loud in expressing her feelings, especially anger. I look behind her and see the special servants, or 'guards' as they are officially known, crowded behind her in rage. "B******!" She screamed at them, throwing punch after punch. "She really hates them," says Atlantis casually, as if it isn't obvious enough. They've been assigned to her because of her uncontrollable temper, and at her side ever since she was little, and she's hated them all the while. They kept up with their job though, which impresses me greatly. Flare has never been an easy one to take care of. I look back at her, and see she's calmed down enough for them to run out and lock the door. They slam shut and give off an echoing 'boom!' that startles us all. Flare stomps over to us, in much the same manner I did, fuming. She sits at the far end of the table and pounds the table with her fists. The wood around her gives off a light smoke, which frightens me. I gasp in fright, praying she won't erupt into flames like she did that one time.
~Flashback~
I stand in the corner of my green room, tears streaming down my face. It had been a very long day of magic learning, and a particularly painful lesson had taken place. A sudden rap on the door knocked me from my thoughts. "Who is it?" I asked, looking up from my water streaked hands. To my surprise, Flare had peeked in, her eyes wide with youth. "Hi Evergreen, I heard your day was rough,"she said nervously, eyeing the vines growing on the walls. I glared at her. "Tell me about it," I huffed. It annoyed me how she kept looking at the vines like I would strangle her. She shook her red head, as if to clear away her worries.
"I was wondering if you'd like to see some magic," she whispered, a faint smile playing at her lips. I decided to humor her, and it could put me in a better mood, so I replied, "Yes,"
Her smile grew huge, and I noticed her canine teeth had sharpened, as if she were a vampire. I shook the thought out of my head. How ridiculous, I had thought.
"Ok, here I go," and a small tree-shaped flame lit on her palm. My eyes widened in amazement, and I thought for a minute fire was the most magical thing in the world.
"Now I'll make a flower!" She said, her face contorted with effort. The tree slowly morphed into a daisy of some sort, but it seemed larger. I stared at the fiery flower in awe, ignoring Flare's struggle to control it.
"I can't--st.. Stop it!" She screamed, and the world seemed to explode. I woke up a few hours later, but I was scarred for life.
~Present~
"Hello, Evergreen? You in there?" I open my eyes to see Atlantis waving her hand in my face.
"Sorry, I guess I just,... blacked out," I reply lamely, unsure of how to explain my sudden flashback. She noticed my slight hesitation, and now looks at me quizzically.
" I'm just fine," I reply, glaring at Flare, who was still swearing at the table. "Just fine."