Chapter 1.2 - So We Meet Again

When I first transferred to Class A, I quickly noticed the difference in attitude. I was treated with respect and became one of the class leaders alongside Arisu. I've started to get along with many of my new classmates, so not only Arisu, Kamuro and Hashimoto, as I knew those three long before I transferred classes.

With Katsuragi gone, Arisu and I had complete control over the class that stood at the top of the hierarchy. Nonetheless, if I were to pick one person who had doubts over my real commitment on my leadership role, it would be Machida. Apparently, he was one of Katsuragi's followers, and now, after seeing his leader transfer classes, he's been refusing to cooperate ever since. Anyway, not that we would need his help with anything.

On a side note, some first-year teacher recently got fired for reasons unknown to the student body. I must admit, the timing of it all felt off. Why would the chairman fire a teacher at this moment in time, and without making the reasons behind it explicit? Something about this felt off, but I decided not to give it any thought for now.

As president of the student council, I received a few applications from a few students that wanted to join the student council. Indeed, many positions were open. 1st Year, 2nd Year, and 3rd Year representatives were all positions that were open. I could accept two students for each of these positions.

Considering the amount of applications I received for these positions, I would have to give some thoughts to the decision making.

Amongst many names, I recognized one that I remember hearing quite some time ago.

Yagami Takuya.

A boy with brown hair and green eyes as shown on the picture of him on his application. He was one of the 5th Generation White Room students, like Amasawa. Coincidentally, both of them submitted applications to join the student council.

I wonder if I should accept any of them.

Looking through the papers, few of the many students that applied were:

Ichinose Honami.

Katsuragi Kohei.

Horikita Suzune.

Yagami Takuya.

Amasawa Ichika.

Nanase Tsubasa.

Kiriyama Ikuto.

Most applications consisted of first-year students I've never met nor heard of, others were from second-years. Surprisingly, there were only a few application from third-years.

I might need to start looking for a secretary replacement, as Asahina graduates at the end of this school year. Indeed, that's a position that's also open.

Furthermore, by the school rules, a Vice-President election campaign will take place sometime during the second semester.

I could also elect a Vice-President myself. But I suppose that doesn't make things very interesting.

I'll have to give my decision on these applications in the next few days.

********

"Good morning, Kiyotaka."

It was early in the morning, I was already in my seat as I waited for homeroom to start when Arisu arrived with Kamuro.

"Good morning, Arisu. Good morning, Kamuro."

"Morning."

"Such dry greetings from the princess' servant, as expected," Hashimoto, who turned around in his chair, jokingly said.