Mr. Doctor - chapter 13

Start from the beginning

I blush at her statement I don't know about all men but I hope just one does.

For the rest of the right we drive in Silence and I was more than happy for the time I got to settle nerves.

A while later we arrive at a huge mansion. getting out of the car Dr. Usha hands her car keys to the valet and walks me through the long foyer that lead us into the garden where the party was beeing held. And it was not any garden it's huge and beautiful and the best I have seen in my entire life. My eyes quickly scan the space looking for one particular person. My heart drops when I don't find him amongst the polished and well groomed crowd.

"Come Eve let me introduce you the the Adam's family" Dr. Usha pulls me along with her to an older looking couple of whom I recognize Dr. Joseph Adam and the one to his left must be his wife and to his right the younger looking beautiful women must be his daughter.

Dr. Joseph's smile brightens as he sports us approaching them. He whispers something into his wife's ear that makes her look our way and she holds a warm smile as we greet each other.
I convey my congratulations to the lady in who's honor this party was being thrown. And she was surprisingly too sweet and too enthusiastic to pull me into a hug. Before she was called out to meet someone else.

"It's been a long time since the last time I saw you Usha. I am really glad you came" says Mrs Adam.

"Indeed Emily, I think it's almost been a year but you look gorgeous as always. Even younger than the last time I saw you" Dr. Usha winks at her

They look close

"And this is Eve my intern" she introduces me.

"The joy of out hospital" Dr. Joseph's voice blooms from the side

"Thats very kind of you, Dr. Joseph. I just do what I am supposed to... And thankyou for inviting us you have a lovely home"

"Thanks for coming Eve, you are even beautiful in person I have heard so much about you. And your work at the hospital. You have indeed brought a lot of joy into our lives. I was hoping to know you better. Maybe we could have lunch together someday?" Mrs. Emily says

Know me better? And lunch???

"Th... Thank you Mrs. Adam, sure we could do that." I say uncertainly

"Oh, please dear call me Emily"

Won't that be to informal but I don't say so instead I just smile at her.

"Emily, look who's here" Dr. Joseph's call for his wife

"Please excuse me dear. Enjoy yourself.:

"Eve?" Emma calls me before I head to get myself a drink.

"Emma, hi again" I smile at her. She has a handsome man walking beside her

"This is Isaacy my boyfriend"

"Hi" I say

"Hi, so you are Eve. I must say it's pleasure meeting the one who has kept our Noah on his toes. He a one lucky son_"

Emma elbows him. "Sorry he is like that some time he did not mean it like... Isaac?" She looks at her boyfriend for further explanation.

"Yes, I was not thinking. I did not mean anything he says."

I look him questioning. Okayyy this is weird. Do they know something has Noah... no he would have not. But...

"He and Noah go long way back so he is just fooling around" Emma says.

"By the way we were heading to the bar to grab ourselves a drink would you like to join us?" Emma proposes. Pulling out of my head.

"Sure I was heading thereyself." I surly need one or more...

We walk towards the stools laughing at something Isaac says he is really fun loving and not a doctor. We sit as he offers to get us drinks.

"I'll be back in a minute ladies" he says and makes his way towards the bar.

"I think we should meet somewhere, I mean we will be working at the same place I could use a friend" Emma says

"That sounds great" I like her already she is someone I would be friends with.

"But Emma you absolutely don't have anything to worry about. With your charming personality I am sure everyone will love you"

"Thanks, I am just nervous" she says

"I know how it feels. But I'll be ther if you need me. But I highly doubt you'll..." I finish with a wink.

Though the evening is going on smoothly there is this unsettling feeling that's been growing every second that without Noah. I contemplate asking Emma where her brother is.

"There he is Emma" squeaks

I follow her gaze to spotted the man that steels my breath away. In black tux and neatly set hair he walks steadily towards us... wait who is the woman beside him?
Her face is turned into Noah's neck he laughs he at something she says. Dr. Noah Adam laughed. The sight is beautiful but my heart hurts... the woman turns to revel her face. Dr. Ana I know her from past two weeks. She is a beautiful blonde, she is smart and elegant and perfect... and it hurts to say she looks good beside him. I sit glued to my place. Looking at his handsome face. He looks so mesmerizing. Maybe it's the time apart or I don't know what but he looks even more handsome. I am unable to take my eyes off his beautiful face... not even the fact that he has an other women on his arm stops me from ogling him.

"I'll miss him once he leaves" Emma says from beside me.

I look at her confused

"Oh! Shoot. did you not know? he is planning to shifting to New York"