Empathy

The next day at prison, mr. Bat was called as he got a visitor and when he reaches the phone, he saw it was shark and the others.

He picks up the phone, "hey" he says I'm the softest and lowest voice.

"Hey, how you been" shark says.

"Fine...how's princess" he asked as he looks down in guilt.

"She needs you, we can bail you out of here if you want"

"No, she's better off without us"

"Princess needs you, she told us how you did a good job caring for you, you can be part of her life, you just need to believe in yourself"

Just then mr. Bat slams his fist on the counter and gets up.

"LOOK! Don't you get it, I screwed up, I shouldn't have gotten close to that kid"

"But you did and look what happened, you were willing to give up everything for princess that's more then any criminal would've done"

"Oh what would you know about being a criminal, you don't have to hide in the shadows and steal because everyone out there judges you and treats you like a monster, so what would you know"

Me. Bat turns his back away from shark then shark smirks.

"Actually you're wrong, we do know what it's like to be treated like a villain, in fact long a ago wolf Wacom the same spot you were, he gave up because he didn't think he was belonged with princess but then we got a visit from the crimson paw who was the governor"

Mr. Bat was surprised as he turned around shocked.

"The crimson paw is the governor" he whispered.

Shark nodded his head, "used to be like us and we used to be like you but we realized that...there are better things then valuable stuff like starting a new life raising a daughter, deep down you want princess as your own, you can't fake that and you can't hide"

Shark's words hit him like a truck of cement as he starts to think then he looks down at the bracelet.

"You know snake used to be like you too, he didn't like how princess was changing wolf or making him soft but soon he started to live her as his own...princess needs you and you need her weather you want to admit that or not...think about it"

Shark then leaves, having mr. Bat spacing out, through the whole day, he was thinking about princess and what shark said.

Then on that night, he finally snapped, he was laying on his bed when he gets up and uses his nails to lock the lock, he knocks out the guards then he runs to find Zander.

He saw him in the laundry room, as Zander was doing the laundry, he saw mr. Bat running towards him.

"Oh hey billy-AH" then mr. Bat ran into Zander, pushing them both down the laundry chute.

The guards and the other prisoners looked down the chute they feel in.

Then Zander and mr. Bat landed in a truck loaded with dirty laundry.

They both climbed out of the raged clothes.

"Hey what are you doing" Zander asked.

"Look you were right, there is a life out there for us with princess"

"But I thought you said-"

"I was wrong ok, I wrong and stupid, I was so worried of opening myself up that I never thought what I could gain, and princess can make me happy and if I can be honest with you, I was also tired of being treated like a villain and now I know, there are some things worth risking for"

Zander smiles seeing his friend having hope as the truck took off.

"Now come on, we got to go save princess"

He looks at the bracelet then looks up to see the city.

"Hang on princess...I'm coming"

Hope is the light that cuts through darkness.