𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

The eight VAK's sat in Remedial Goodness 101, a new mandatory class for them. The only ones who seemed to understand anything were Mal and Ella, both of whom were not really paying attention, but drawing. Mal was drawing Fairy godmother's wand and Ella was drawing crowns, her and Jays crowns, the one they would have once she ruled these backwards kingdoms. "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower?" Evie's hand shot up "C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Evie."

Evie played dumb, "What was the second one?" Evie had been playing dumb for her mother her whole life, sometimes the girl forgot that she was actually intelligent. If that wasn't the case, Ella would have order her with Ryder, because as much as she cared for Aaron, a pirate's brain was pretty much only instinct and street smarts. Thats all the Aaron ran on he had a little manipulation tactics and a goal in mind thanks to Ella, but otherwise his brain consisted of murder plans for Pan and wondering how much rum him and his siblings could steal from their father before he noticed.

"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Mal?" Fairy godmother tried.

Mal looked up from her drawing, "C give it a bottle,"

Fairy godmother smiled, "correct, again."

"You two are on fire," Carlos complemented his 'sisters.'

Ella answered not looking up, "just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," she said in a duh tone. The others all made sounds of understanding.

A clearly scared girl walked in, squeaking as she ran past them. "Oh. Hello, dear one," Fairy godmother said. An idea started forming in Ryders head, and he looked at his sister who seemed to have the same idea or at least a similar one. 

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," she told her mother looking back cautiously at the VAK's. She didn't trust them enough to turn her back, smart girl but so clearly insecure. 

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" She said signing the form. Jazzy raises an eyebrow as if trying to remember if they had ever met this girl. 

Jane Squeaked, "Mom!" Making Jazzy chuckle darkly. It sent a chill down the fairy child's spine.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," she introduced trying to play off the kind and elligent headmistress. They knew what she was though; evil and callous and cruel. Just like them. Most of them were uninterested, but the way Ella and Ryder eyed her made Jane nervous. She squeaked once their eyes started glowing an identical gold. 

For a second, she thought she was imagining things as the glow vanished and no one, not even her mother mentioned it but then Ryder gave her the most sinister smile she had ever seen. "Hi. That's okay don't mind me. As you were," she needed to get out of here, to escape before they could hurt her.

As she made her way to run out Ella stopped her, "It was nice meeting you, maybe we could talk later. Sorry if I scared you. I just can't help but think I knew you when we were young, before I was sent away," Ella forced her voice to sound less commanding, with less bite and more sweet, softer and she forced a smile that didn't make her look like a crazy, betrayed princess hell bent on revenge. Her tone was laced with undetectable magic. 

Jane, who didn't think she had many friends, smiled softly at the girl. Her voice was so calming soothing even. She nodded and took her leave feeling calmer than before but wondering where she had met this girl. Fairy god mother saw this, she hated it she hated that, that girl might be talking to her daughter, she hated that they were back, but mostly she hated that she was scared, she was scared of what Ella could do. She just made Jane who was basically the definition of anxiety calm, she was dangerous. However, Ben, who always saw the good in everyone, would only believe her if they did something wrong and she had proof. All she could do for now was sit and wait, "That was very nice of you Ella," she forced out. It took all of Ella's willpower not to cringe as she went back to her drawing. "Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"