CHAPTER 31

Minsung stared at the fearful eyes of his lover and dropped his hand to his side. "Hands behind you back", Hoseok commanded and he complied, slowly placing his hands behind his back. The whole time, he did not break his eye contact with Namjoon who stared right back at him, the dagger pressing closer to Jihyo's throat, even drawing some blood.

When Minsung's hands were tied securely, Hoseok kicked him in the knees causing him to loose balance and fall to the ground. He then proceeded to tie Jihyo's hands and they were led back to the camp. 

Gyeon had noticed them slipping into the forest and alerted the others, thinking that there was an emergency but to their surprise, Namjoon and Hoseok led the head healer and an unidentified stranger to the cells where they were locked up.

"Namjoon! Namjoon listen to me. You don't have to do this Namjoon. Am I not your friend? Please trust me and I'll explain everything to you", Jihyo pleaded as she was pushed into the cell along with Minsung. 

"Not another word from you traitor. I'll deal with you tomorrow", Namjoon snarled, slamming the door behind him. The lovers shared a worried glance as they stared at the retreating knight.

"The traitor has been caught. Please return to your sleeping quarters, everything will be informed to you in the morning", Hoseok announced, effectively silencing the murmuring going amongst the soldiers as they reluctantly returned to their tents. From the corner of his eye, he caught Namjoon storming out of the prison, heading towards their main cabin, dragging Minho along with him. He and Sehun quickly caught up with him.

"Namjoon what are you doing?! Why is Jihyo in the cell with that stranger. I want an explanation!" Minho exclaimed as he was dragged inside. The door was locked behind them and Namjoon pushed him onto a chair. "Look, my patience is already thinning, don't waste my time". "About what?", Minho asked bewildered. 

"What is this about Namjoon?", Sehun asked confused. "We know Jihyo was visiting you every night. If you have said anything, absolutely anything remotely close to what happens inside here, say it. Now", Hoseok instructed, sending a worried glance towards his friend.

To their astonishment, Minho began to laugh. "Do you all really think I said anything to her. And why does it matter? Jihyo is harmless, she is not capable of doing anything like that. Do you idiots really suspect someone like her? ", he mocked. 

"And let me tell you one thing, she is my girlfriend. She loves me and she will never hide anything from me". That was enough to make Namjoon snap. He shot out of his chair and held Minho by the collar, "Well I'm sorry to inform you that you girlfriend was caught outside the camp boundaries with her lover who carried the seal of the Jeon Kingdom with him. Want me to explain more?", he growled.

"What?", Miho whispered, eyes spelling betrayal. "No. You must have been mistaken, she would never do that. She said she loved me", he whispered, lips trembling as disbelief took over him. "Minho listen to me", Hoseok said stepping forward. 

Placing a hand on Namjoon's shoulder, he nodded at him, the alpha giving in and stepping behind. "We understand that I was shocking to you but the reality will not change just because you want it to. You can grieve all you want later but right now we need you to tell us everything that we said. Even the smallest things have big implications and you know that better. So push your feelings away for sometime and tell us. We have to be prepared if it was vital information".

His words seemed to have the wanted effect on the man as he immediately straightened up and wiped his moist eyes. "She always wanted to know what happened everyday when I met her. I did resist her as much as I could but one night she began to cry and I- ", he swallowed harshly, "I told her about the prisoner and what he revealed to us. She must have told that lover of hers about it".