CHAPTER 20

The night and half day passed by far quicker than he would have liked. In no time the sun set and house got busy, preparing for the arrival of the royals for the second time in a row. He found himself rehearsing again and again, a little jumpy though he knew he did not have much to worry about. A part of him was at peace, knowing that his love was reciprocated and that everything was well between him and his alpha once again.

Seokjin sat nervously in front of the royals. On one side, were seated his parents and Jungkook, Seokjung sitting beside him. His hyung had resolved to be beside him, to give him more strength when he spoke. Seokjin could feel his heart ringing in his ears, palms clammy and kept fidgeting in his place.

"So what have you decided?", the King asked with a kind smile. Beside him sat the prince, rock faced, eyes trained on him. He took a deep breath, "It's a no your highness". The prince scowled, but did no say anything while the King simply gave him a small smile. "Please forgive me" he apologized, bowing to them.

"Don't apologized dear. It's your decision and we accept it. Don't we son?", he said looking towards the prince. No reply came, just two eyes glaring at the omega. "Ah well is there someone else that you prefer perhaps, or someone whom you have already chosen for yourself?" the King questioned. 

"Yes your highness" Seokjin responded timidly. His father looked at him surprised but quickly masked it. The prince perked up, gazing at him suspiciously, an eyebrow raised. "Who is it?" he asked. "Son it's hi-". "I want to know appa. I want to know the man he prefers over me. Who is it Seokjin?", he said, cutting his father off. 

Everyone in the room fell silent, eyes on Seokjin. The omega bit his lip clutching the fabric of the hanbok, his breathing became increasingly ragged as panic surged in his body. Seokjung reached out and enveloped his hand with his own. 

He gave it a small squeeze, reassuringly. Seokjin looked up. Jungkook and his mother gave him an encouraging nod. The noble stared at him confused. "It's time to let him know. It was going to happen one day. I can do this".

"It's Kim Namjoon from the Ilsan Kim clan your highness". His father immediately looked towards him, eyes wide. The prince's reaction was no different. 

"Kim Namjoon? The commander you mean?" the prince inquired. Gulping, Seokjin nodded in response. "I see.." the King said with a small smile. "I wish the best for you both then". 

Seokjin sighed in relief on hearing those words, but the moment he gazed shifted towards the prince, colored drained from his face. His jaw was clenched, hands formed into a tight fist, eyes shifting, dangerously close to loosing his cool. 

He was menacingly glaring at Seokjin as if he made the biggest mistake of his life. He wanted to run away from the scene, away from all the tension surrounding it's occupants. Forcing himself to remain clam he bowed low, " Forgive me your majesties". 

"It is alright dear but noble Kim" the king began. "Yes your highness". "Why didn't you tell us about your son have a lover before. It would have caused us less trouble to not come here ourselves for a relation that couldn't be formed". 

"It's my fault your highness" the omega interrupted. "My father had no knowledge about this, hence he could not inform you beforehand. i sincerely apologize for my actions", he said bowing again. 

The prince scowled, "You little-". He stopped midway when his father caught hold of his hand. 

"We'll get going now Noble Kim". The man of the house bowed, guiding the way.

Seokjin sat it room. The deafening silence ringing in his ears. Although worried about the royal's reaction, he was glad that a major problem was solved. His father stormed into the room. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" he thundered, yanking him up by his arms. Seokjin yelped, pulling his arm away, immediately standing up. "Do you realize what you have done? Do you understand the implications of your actions Seokjin?".