A new life (Fluff)

Kunikuzushi sat down near the front of the ship and gazed up at the night sky, which was filled with glimmering stars.

He heard some familiar footsteps, as Kazuha sat down beside him.

"Couldn't sleep?" He questioned, in his usual soothing tone.

Kuni looked at him and smiled,
"Yeah.. Today was an amazing day. Thank you again, Kazu."

He chuckled at the nickname,
"It's no problem at all."

He scoots his hand over onto Kuni's, whose hand was ice cold.

"Hey! Are you cold? Do you want my jacket?" Kazuha panicked, he took off his own jacket and put it around Kunikuzushi's shoulders.

"N-no, it's okay. Just a little cold. Thanks.."
Despite saying this, he desperately didn't want to give the jacket back to Kazuha. He rubbed his hands together to create friction, and he blew warm air against it.

"Would you like some warm tea? You can wait in our room while I make them, it's quite cold out here." Kazuha offered him.

"Yes, thank you. I'd like a warm cup of tea please." Kuni replied, slightly shivering from the cold.

Kazuha watched as Kunikuzushi walks back into their room, while he goes into the captain's cabin, to make some coffee.

When he entered the room, he found Beidou still wide awake, despite it being late at night.

"Oh, hey Kazuha. Is there something you need?" She noticed him and asked.

"Not much, just going to make some tea.." He answered, slightly slurring his words from being sleepy.

"Huh, that's weird. You don't usually drink tea."

"Mhm, it's for Kuni." He replied.

"Ohh, you two dating now?" Beidou teased,

"N-no! We're just.. really good friends." Kazuha said back, although turning away from Beidou to hide his flushed face.

"Aight aight, sure. Be sure to watch your way back to the room, the waves are harsher at night." She warns.

"Okay, thanks mo- *cough*- I mean, captain Beidou." Kazuha walks out of the cabin, holding the cup of tea, and makes his way back to the room.

Just as he made it back to the room, he was a bit surprised to receive a tight hug from Kunikuzushi.

"Hey, everything alright?" Kazuha asked, as he puts the cup down on the bedside drawer.

They sat down on the bed, and he noticed that Kuni started to cry.

"Waves.. thunder... they remind me of Ei." He said, still holding onto Kazuha.

Although he felt a bit guilty for bringing him to the sea, he also felt that he did do the right thing. He hugged Kuni back, and held his hand.

"It's okay.. you're safe. You're going to be okay. I'm here, I won't ever leave you." Kazuha reassured the sobbing boy.

"Oh, and, uhm.. Here's your tea" He points at the cup.

"T-thank you." Kunikuzushi wipes his tears and took a sip.

"Does it taste good?" Kazuha asks,

"Yes! This is.. the best drink I have ever tasted."

"I'm glad." He smiles, watching Kuni drink all of it down.

"Thank you so much.. I feel warmer now." He snuggles closer to Kazuha and lays down.

About an hour had passed, and they both still couldn't sleep.

"Kazu... my heart feels like it's beating so fast." He said softly, not wanting to sound like he's complaining.

"Oh, ah, I'm sorry. Tea usually increases one's heart rate." Kazuha said in an apologetic voice.

-----------------

They took a while just staring at the ceiling, collecting their thoughts as they calm their minds. Admiring the sound of crashing waves and occasional thunder, which Kunikuzushi has now realized which isn't that bad.

Until,

"Kazuha. What is dating?"

The sudden question made Kazuha nearly choke on his own saliva. Did Kuni overhear his conversation with Beidou?

"O-oh, it's when two people love each other very much, that they want to become more than friends." He tried to explain, albeit feeling a bit awkward about it.

"So.. you don't love me very much..?" Kuni looked down, slightly upset.

"No no no! It's not like that. I meant, love, as in LOVE. More than friendship." Kazuha explained further.

"Oh.. Sorry, I misunderstood.." Kuni said, a little embarrassed.

"No, it's okay. It happens.." Kazuha replied.

After a while, they both fell soundly asleep.

------------------

The next morning, Kazuha woke up first. He wanted to leave and greet the other sailors, however, he didn't want to leave Kunikuzushi alone either. He decided he would wait until Kuni was awake.

It didn't take long before he woke up, though. The sound of other sailors on the ship were loud enough to wake everyone else to wake up.

"Morning, Kazu.." He rubbed his eyes and sit up on the bed.

"Good morning, Kuni. How are you feeling? Anything sore? Do you feel seasick?" Kazuha asked, in slight worry.

"No, I'm quite fine. As a puppet, I am immune to getting sick physically." Kuni informed.

"Ah, alright then. Breakfast will be some Onigiri and water."

"Mm, that sounds tasty.." He said, still a bit sleepy.

"Come on, follow me. The breakfast won't just magically fly into your mouth haha." Kazuha held Kuni's hand and brought him into the captain's cabin, where breakfast was served.

Kunikuzushi had never ate anything as good as that before. He had to simply eat whatever he could find after he was abandoned by Ei. This quality of food sure did surprise him.

And, Kazuha could tell. They finished their breakfast together, and the ship is getting closer to its destination, Liyue.

The sight of the city was absolutely magnificent, and left Kunikuzushi's mouth agape. For years, ever since he was created, he hadn't seen the outside world and its beauty. Now, he finally does. He couldn't thank the samurai enough for giving him such opportunity, and for saving his life.

Now, he can start a new life. A better life, with a better future.

--------------------

END

Word count: 926