Rescued (Hurt/Comfort)

A/N: Kunikuzushi was abandoned by Ei, but Kazuha found him in the forest, and helped him.

They have already met each other but neither remembers about it.

-- Here, Scara is nice and hasn't joined the fatui yet.

While wandering around, Kazuha noticed a boy with short dark blue hair in the forest.

"He looks familiar," He thought.

Kazuha slowly walked deeper into the forest, slightly crouching as to not startle the boy.

The figure noticed him, and jumped up in shock.
"W-who are you!? Don't hurt me!" He crawled backwards and covered his face with his palms.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here for the opposite, actually. Aren't you.. supposed to be the archon's puppet? What happened?" Kazuha questioned, concerned for the boy.

"Oh.. she.. you don't need to know, mortal." He tried to stop his tears from falling, however, the memory simply made him unable to control his emotions.

Although, of course, Kazuha could tell exactly what happened.

"My name's Kazuha. I'm a wanderer. I want to help you.."

He crawled near the boy, "Is it okay if I hug you?"

Such gentle, kind, and loving words were new to the puppet.

"What's.. a hug?" He questioned.

Kazuha was slightly surprised that he didn't know, but he didn't show his surprise that much.

"It's an act of affection, may I show you what it is?"

Upon hearing the word "affection", the boy immediately nodded, desperately.

Kazuha went closer to him and softly wrapped his arms around "Kunikuzushi".

The puppet broke down, sobbing, in the embrace of the samurai's arms. He had never received such affection from anyone before. It made him feel an emotion which he cannot express, which was a positive one.

"It's okay.. I understand you.. Let it all out." He said, while threading his fingers through Kunikuzushi's hair.

"I'm sorry, Kazuha. I just- really miss her. My creator.. my mother. And my friend.. he died. " He replied, voice shaky from crying.

"I know.. I understand it's hard to lose someone.. I have also lost a friend of mine.." Kazuha said, as he remembered Tomo.

"You don't have to be sorry for something you can't control. You did your best." He wiped the boy's tears and looked at him with a smile.

"She didn't care about me.." He said, in a soft tone.

"But I do! Even if she didn't care about you, I do, Kuni. Look at me. I'm here for you, okay..?" Kazuha reassured him, tears pricking in the corners of his eyes.

"...Thank you. You make me feel very safe, more than anyone else ever can, and I don't even know you that much.." The puppet was somehow.. happy, and he started to grow feelings for the samurai.

"Thank you, too. I'm glad I was able to help, even only if a little bit." He replied.

"I don't want to lose you.. please don't leave me. I want to stay with you for longer, please.." More warm tears fell across his cold cheeks, the contradiction making him shiver.

"Of course you can stay with me! I can even bring you along my journeys if you'd like and we could be wanderers together." Kazuha said as he wipes more of Kuni's tears.