prologue

In-universe 883, the effects of Global warming finally took their toll on the world, the universe was once full of light and color. The people were united and fought against the abuse of higher power, but once a certain man was elected everything changed. His face had never been shown in public and he spoke to the people virtually as a friend, convincing them to vote for him.

But once he sat in power, nations across the world began attacking each other over the planet's sudden climate change. The ice caps had melted completely and cities began getting flooded or destroyed by mudslides causing tons of deaths. The constant disasters brought sickness and famine resulting in more deaths, and countries began blaming each other for the events. Eventually, they all grew to hate each other and the world that was once united went to war with each other, and it only ended when the faceless man offered them all a second chance if they declared him their leader.

No one wanted a king, but what remained of humanity would die out if they refused, so they all agreed, and like something out of a book. The countries were rebuilt, and the faceless leader promised his people that humanity would never be divided again after almost three decades. The universe remains in a state where it's recovering from everything and people began to turn to steal to survive. The government wouldn't allow their new laws to be broken and thieves were all hunted by men or women trained to capture them called Bounty Hunters. Whenever someone committed a crime, a bounty would be placed on their head, and whichever hunter brought them would get rewarded.