4. ℙ𝔸ℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋 𝕋ℝ𝔸ℙ (𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕩)

The wolf's gift?  Pass.

The Hobbit? Also pass.

Six of crows? Maybe...

Matt didn't know what to read.

He was standing in the Fantasy section of a bookstore but he didn't know what to read. Nothing seemed interesting enough for him to buy the book.

He had been there for almost two hours now, browsing the large bookshop, and he still couldn't find something he liked enough to buy.

His mom was bound to be wondering where he went by now.

He didn't usually leave the house without telling his mom where he was going but for once, he didn't want to feel like he was being monitored every second of the day. So, while his mom went to buy groceries, he hurriedly sneaked out of his house to go buy a book.

His mom was bound to be mad when he would eventually walk back home but right now, he couldn't care less.

Since they had moved back from LA to Boston, his mom was 1000% more on his back about everything.

She would always require to know where he was going, with who, from when to when. She would tell him to be careful outside everyday, something she stopped doing when he hit the age of ten. He was now 17 and he didn't need his mom controlling his life like she was doing.

He couldn't even have a cellphone and the only computer they had was a family one that was restrained by multiple parental restrictions. The only thing he could do was read books.

That's the only way he was able to escape this sad reality.

He decided to take a step back so he could see all of the books better but he bumped into someone.

The stranger yelped, their head almost hitting the bookshelf behind Matt.

Matt turned around quickly, ready to ask the person if they were okay.

When he looked at their face, he froze.

It was like looking into the mirror.

The boy had the same brown hair as him,  the same eyes as him, down to the colour, the same facial features. The only thing different was the boy's teeth. And his haircut, obviously.

It was almost scary how much the boy looked like Matt.

They were too similar too not be related and this was a scary thing.

Matt had never met his dad but his mom had told him multiple times that he didn't have any siblings. He didn't know what to believe. His mom, the person who controlled every aspects of his life and the person he had caught telling him lies multiple thing or his instincts?

"What the fuck, asshole?! watch where you step!''  His lookalike said, not looking up from the floor yet.

''I'm so sorry!'' Matt told him in a small voice. He didn't react well to people yelling at him.