Chapter Eleven

"Why don't you talk to her?" Paula asked as my phone rung for the 5th time today

"Cause I don't have anything to say to her" I said  sipping my drink.

"I mean you should have told her the truth of why you had to break it off"

"What would that change Paul?" I asked throwing my free hand up.

"I dont know Maya but you clearly still love that girl don't do what I did & break my own heart"

Paula is in the middle of divorcing Johnny, she found out he was cheating & she has been staying with us until she finds something.

"Look I understand what you are saying but I don't need the drama ok my business & my family is all that matters to me right now maybe love isn't for me"

Paula laid on my shoulder, "look I know you never truly had love before but Valerie is not your mom Maya"

"Can we please not talk about this" I said trying not to get upset.

"Fine, Fine" She said shaking her head as we walked down the street.

"Anyway I went out with that Girl Renee last week"

"Ooh bitch spill Tell me everything"

"Well we went to that new Jazz club on 108th, then we went for a walk by the bridge & just talked for a while but peep this while we was at the club everybody was checking me out she was all over me feeling on my ass & everything"

"Ooh girl looks like someone likes you" I said hitting her arm playfully.

"Yeah I like her too, I mean yes women have been my thing for a while now so we will see where it goes hopefully we end up in her bed" we laughed together then my phone started ringing again I rolled my eyes pulling it out my pocket.

It was Valerie again, I rolled my eyes hitting the decline button.

I don't know if I want to talk to her but I can't lie something about her makes me miss her something terribly.

Later on that day we was playing spades just relaxing for the most part, I still had Valerie on my mind heavily, maybe I should call her so we can talk at this point I didn't care anything about Drew trying to stop my business.

"So Maya you coming with us next week to Miami you know it's my birthday" Cliff said dancing in his chair.

"I dont know if it's a couple thing-"

"Come on sis we need you there, besides Paula isn't bringing anyone right Paul?" Jason hit Paula's arm.

"Yeah right" She lied smiling at me

"Look it's ok plus I have a lot of business to take car-"

"Mimi come on now, you need a vacation we all do"

I shook my head, "I will think about it"

Just then the door bell rung, "Saved By the bell" I said standing up walking over to the door opening it.

"Jax, Hey" I said letting her in

"Hey, wassup y'all" She said saying Hi to everybody.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked me.

"Yeah sure" I nervously said & we walked out to the balcony sitting down the lounge chairs I had out there.

"Wassup I haven't seen you in forever" I said

"I know, listen I never meant to stalk you or anything it's just things didn't go the way I thought they would at the end of the day."

"It's okay I am not mad at you, I am sorry for everything with your mom that's not what I wanted to happened."

"It's fine, y'all are grown there is nothing I can do about that but the reason I came by was because I saw my mom a couple of days ago & she doesn't seem happy Maya"

"I am not happy either Jax but Drew told me to stay away from her" I slipped those words out.

"What?" She questioned

"Nothing forget it" I said trying to change the subject.

"Maya..." She looked at me.

"Ok, Drew saw me at the club & she told me to stay away from Valerie or she would get my business shut down."

"What the fuck" she said shaking her head.

"Yeah I didn't want to say anything but I truly do care about Valerie"

"Drew has always been shady so I can't say your lying but how did she find out about you two?"

"I have no idea I thought maybe you told her"

"No I don't care for her like that she has done so much stuff to Valerie I would never do that."

I sighed, "Well how does she know?"

"I don't know but we will find out eventually but in the mean time you need to tell my mom"

"She won't forgive me for keeping that from her Jax"

"Maya she loves you, yes you broke up with her but you were forced too"

"B-"

"No but's go talk to her Maya before it's too late"

I nodded taking a deep breath, Hopefully things don't get more out of control than they already here & hopefully Valerie & I can make things better because I miss & love her terribly.