Chapter Five

"Jax please call me back we need to talk" I said to my friends answering machine

I never attended for her to find out like this & I never wanted to break up their happy home but it's too late to change anything now.

I texted Jax multiple times over the next few days but she hasn't hit me back.

I just came home from work & I was mad at Cliff for letting her in when she knew Honey was over here.

"Hey Mimi how was work?" Cliff asked laying against Jason rubbing his leg.

"It was fine" I said starting to walk toward my room

"You ok Maya?" Jason asked causing me too turn around

"No, ask your boyfriend why he let Jax in knowing Valerie was over here"

"I didn't know sweetie honest, I saw your dishes & clothes everywhere I assumed you ate & fell asleep plus Jason & I were super drunk we came home & started having sex I didn't know you had company."

"He's telling the truth Mimi"

"Well it doesn't matter anyway she isn't talking to me neither is Jax"

"She will come around Maya"

"Plus it's only been a few days Maya"

"Naw Valerie is done with me, she told it was over, she got too much to lose & shit"

"Come here" Cliff said & I laid my purse down going over to them sitting in between them.

"Listen I know you dont want to hear this but she is married Sweetheart" Cliff said

"I know but I don't care about that I miss her smell her touch, her kisses something about her is different than anyone I ever been with before."

"Sis just give it time if it's meant to be it will be but do you really think she is going to leave her wife?"

"I dont know" I started tearing up.

Nobody I mean not even my parents ever gave me love so it's so easy for me to fall so easily & thats always my downfall.

"Why can't I just meet somebody, fall in love & live happily ever after?"

"Mimi you will get that sooner or later why don't you tell her how you feel?"

"I am the last person she wants to here from right now she is devastated."

Jason laid on my shoulder, "Sis you are falling really fast just relax things will work out for the best."

I sighed taking in what they said & they were right I needed to give my heart some time to heal from all my past traumas instead of always falling for the wrong people.

I texted Jax that I was coming over to talk about what happened but she never hit me back.

I knocked on her door waiting for her to answer, "Jax I know your in there please let's talk about this"

Shortly the door cracked opened & Jax looked super pissed.

"What do you want?" She asked

"Jax can we please talk, the other day-"

"You know what Maya just answer me this one question why my mother?"

"Jax it's not what you think, I met Valerie way before I knew she was your mother"

"I don't care Maya you slept with her after knowing who she was!"

I sighed, "Jax listen I am sorry okay what do you want me to do?" She opened the door all the way folding her arms.

"What do I want you to do? Maybe say you like me back why pick my mom over me"

"What?" I asked confused

"You dont get it do you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Maya I fucking love you, I have loved you ever since I met you all those years ago"

I was so stunned by what Jax said I didn't know how to respond to that.

"Jax I didn't know"

"Why do you think every time you went through a break up I was there wiping your tears, eating ice cream & talking with you all night, you deserve the world & I could have gave that too you"

A tear slipped from her eye, "I love you, I always have"

I touched her arm, "Jax listen, I love you too just not in that way."

She moved my hand, "Even if it wasn't Valerie we could never be, we are friends more like sisters."

She scoffed, "I knew this would happen, You know my mom is never leaving Drew so you two could never be, now get the hell off my porch" she said slamming the door in the face.

"Jax" I said hearing her crying I hated seeing her like this but at this moment she needed time away from me.

I sighed with a sad expression on my face & walked down the steps leaving looking back her place once more.

I went back home & crawled in my bed thinking how stupid & selfish I sounded saying I could never be with Jax the truth is when we were younger I did like her but then I knew that would ruin our friendship so I moved on & my feelings for her never came back.

With Honey, I mean Valerie I love everything about her & I couldn't let that go but maybe Jax is right she may never leave her wife & that's something I will have to deal with.