Chapter 10: Confrontation

POV:Ron

Ron cautiously knocked at Cale's door. He was still shook about what he saw last night. Though it was only a theory, he was still shook on what he saw last night.

"Young master are you awake?" He asked in his usual benign voice. It sounded like he never saw what he saw last night.

"I'm awake Ron" He heard a voice say in the other sid of the room. He then opened the door which revealed Cale sitting up in his bed rubbing his eyes. He looked so innocent right now, that it makes Ron think that his only getting paranoid.

"Please prepare me warm water" Be heard his Young master say in a tired voice. He then saw Cale yawn as he stretches. He started to prepare Cale's bath, not feeling a very intense stare at his back.

POV:Cale

I stared quite intently at his back. I was thinking of interesting ways onto how I will confront this little benign old man. I smirked while thinking about his reaction.

"It's done Young master" I heard Ron said. I quickly changed my face to a smile.

"Thanks Ron" I said as I stood up and went to the bathroom. I sat in my bath thinking about what to do next. After a couple of minutes Ron helped me get changed and head out for breakfast.
My cowardly father is currently taking a vacation on one of our villa in order to calm down. Now I'm tasked to do his paperworks.

"Hey Cale, what are going to do after breakfast?" The Goddess in my head asked.

"Paperworks" I told her in an annoyed tone. I now have to do a crap ton of paperworks because of my cowardly father.

"Need help?" She asked me in a worried tone. I honestly think she's the only one after my father who truly cared for me. My relatives don't care if I'm a child, as long as I can do paperwork l they'll make me do it.

"Can you help me?" I asked quietly, since I'm beside Ron walking to the dining area.

"Of course darling" She replied to me in a assuring tone. I can imagine her smiling at me lovingly.

"Thanks" I smiled genuinely while replying at her statement. We then arrived at our destination, the dining area.

***

After my breakfast I entered my temporary office to do my paperwork. The Goddess materialised in front of me. I was quite worried since Ron was outside, I saw her put up a sound barrier around the room. She also transformed in to her human form just in case someone do enter.

"Give me half of it" She told me, I complied to her and gave her half of it. She sat down in one of the sofas and plopped the paperwork on the table. The room was soon filled with the sound of paper being scratched by fountain pens.

***

It was now lunch, Ron knocked at my door. He gave a surprised look after seeing Chrysle sitting on one of the sofas doing paperwork. Chrysle just waved at him.

"Who is this young master?" He asked me while staring at the said person.

"She's my assistant" I told Ron while smiling. It's now time to confront the little old man.

"Ron can we talk?" I asked him as I put my hands in a praying position and placed my chin on top of it. I then smiled at him. I saw Chrysle cross her legs, she then proceeded to look at Ron in a judging manner.

"Sure young master, how may I help you?" He asked me as he smiled benignly.
Chrysle just stood up and locked the door, she then proceeded to sit again while crossing her legs as she drank tea.

"I know you saw me" I bluntly said to him. I saw his benign smile twitch, my smile grew wider at this action.

"Last night with my lovely bloody wine"
I told him as my smile turned wider.
I can practically see Chrysle grin maliciously at the old man. I can see the chaos in his eyes.

"What do you mean young master?" He asked me, still smiling benignly. He might be smiling but I know he flinched when he heard the word 'bloody'.

"Pfft.." I don't think I can control myself anymore. My shoulders were moving up and down trying to hold my laughter.

"Hehe...HAHAHAHA" I couldn't hod it anymore and laughed loudly.

"Oh, Ron I know everything" I told him as I wiped my tears from laughing. This was too hilarious for me to contain.

"Since you saw me, it either you keep quiet and help me or..." I told him as I smirked maliciously. I can see his smile faltering.

***

POV:Ron

"Sure young master, how may I help you?" I asked the young master as I smiled benignly at him. I saw his so called assistant stand up and lock the door. I then saw her drink tea back in her seat.

"I know you saw me" He told me as he smiled at me. My benign smile twitched, and I'm sure he saw it his smile grew wider. A chill ran down my spine. This is not good.

"Last night with my lovely bloody wine" When I heard the word 'bloody' I flinched. It can't be blood can it? I kept asking myself the same question. I saw him smile wider and his assistant grin maliciously at me.

"What do you mean young master" I asked him still smiling benignly. I can see amusement in his eyes while he looks at me.

"Pfft..." I can see the young master's shoulders moving up and down. He seems to be containing his laughter.

"Hehe... HAHAHAHA" he then burst out laughing. Chaos enveloped my mind, he knows..

"Oh, Ron I know everything" He told me as he wiped his imaginary tear. He knows everything, from the assassin to last night. He knows..

"Since you saw me, it either you keep quiet and help me or..." He paused a bit as he smirked maliciously. He stood up from his chair and walked towards me.
I felt a force that made me kneel, I turned to the assistant who snapped her fingers.

"I kill you and your lovely son Beacrox" When I heard my son's name I froze.
I saw the two of them smiling maliciously. The young master lifted up my chin and stared straight in to my soul. I guess he was never a puppy.

"I might do it the same way as I did it to my mother or..." What he just said shook me to the very core. The puppy young master did something. Not just anything but something..

"I might torture your son then kill him while your helplessly chained at the dungeon" Those last sentences shocked me.

"Good one, I might help honestly" I heard the woman speak for the first time. The way she talks means she isn't any other assistant, they seem close.

"Thanks Chrysle" I heard him say. I felt a squeeze in my face. The puppy young master dragged my face close to his.

"What will it be?" He asked me. I thought about my son, I can't let him die out of my foolishness. I might have to agree to this.

"I'll help young master" I replied. My face was let go from the fierce grip in my face.

POV:Cale

After hearing a yes from Ron I let go his face. This is a huge advantage, since as we all know he was an assassin. I smiled widely, he should be a fun, fun pawn.

"Well since we're all done I'm going to head in my room, oh and Chrysle follow me" I said as I left the room. Chrysle followed shortly after. After that everything proceeded as usual.

3 days later...

"There's an assassin nearby" Chrysle whispered to me. I hid a huge grin underneath my hand.

'This should be fun..'

TBC...