You're in my head more often than I want (I wish i could talk to you)

Ranboo felt his world shift as he looked up at her, the Goddess of the Void is right in front of him, Ranboo blurts out, not in worry but just because it makes sense, "Am I dead?"

She laughs kind-heartedly, her laugh is like thousands of chimes fill his ears, the world around them sparkles with her. She took a small breath as she spoke, seemingly hesitant, "No, no you aren't dead," she paused for a brief moment before continuing, "but you are dying."

He nodded his head, sadness swirling inside of him, "Ok, do...do you know what's happening to me? Why is my pearl breaking?"

She nodded, looking apologetic at Ranboo looked at her, "I...I indirectly caused this. At your wedding you..you prayed to me and...and you and your Chosen reminded me of my love and I. So when you prayed I used the essence of the incomplete ritual combined with the sincerity of your prayer to bind your souls together much like an Enderman's ritual would be. Of course your soul was meant for such an act, your Chosen's soul was not. So I had to do a bit of work and I strengthened the essence of your soul to be able to bond well enough to your Chosen without trying to stretch his soul to be able to do something it wasn't made for."

She continued, her voice filled with regret and sadness, stars bursting with colors as they weeped, "But what I did not realize was that in doing so I risked your life. Since your soul was strengthened, the pushback was strengthened as well. When grief and heartache are introduced to a natural bond between two Endermen, there is a natural pushback of the souls. It's like the souls are temporarily incompatible because of strong emotions or feelings. The ritual makes both Enderman's souls flexible enough to be tied together if feelings are true, and that pushback is because happiness and love are disrupted but never replaced. But the bond between two Endermen is flexible enough to take a pushback. However, strengthening your soul's ability to bond to your Chosen's without trying to stretch his, also made it brittle and less flexible, and therefore unable to hold that kind of pushback. And because your soul had such a strong pushback...the bond split. Injuring you deeply in the process causing what is happening now, causing your pearl to shatter in such a way."

Ranboo frowned, sadness filling him, as she spoke again after a long pause, "I am deeply sorry, I did not realize what would happen. But I cannot reverse the actions I have done, I cannot split the bond as it is shattering you. I cannot heal you..I have stolen your time, your life, when I should be protecting you, a faithful follower of mine who only asks for the life and deaths of others to be experienced with comfort and love, for death to only take hold when time is proper. And yet I am unable to bring you that comfort, that unspoken promise."

Feelings bubbled up inside of him, tears rising and trailing down his face, he can't feel it, he still can't feel any warmth, only the static around him. He let out a wet laugh as ironically his throat felt dry, he shook in sadness as he quivered in the Goddess's of the Void's hand. His mind going a mile a minute. He let out a heart wrenching sob as he cried in her hand shaking like a leaf. Soon he felt himself be put down, he looked up, expecting to be at her feet, but instead she was at his size, a bit shorter than him if he was standing up. But he is currently kneeled down on the ground crying into his hands. He let out a sob as she wrapped her arms around him, kneeling on the ground with him and holding Ranboo close. He sobbed into her arms, she was so warm, he sobbed harder. He could feel her shake as well, running her hands up and down his back in a soothing motion as she spoke comfort to him. He wanted to be angry at her, it was her fault this happened, she did this to him. But he can't find it in himself to be mad or even annoyed. She didn't know this would happen, and she regrets it, and she said she's sorry. Ranboo has every right to be mad at her, he knows he does, but if anything he's grateful that he and Tubbo shared a bond...shared it genuinely and while it did end up hurting him in the end he is just glad to have had a genuine connection with Tubbo before it all went south so fast.