Chapter 10

Harley and Isaac meet with Stiles, Kira, and Scott, and the group makes their way up the elevator to meet with the Sheriff at the hospital. Harley trails out behind the group to watch the procession of bodies being rolled into the morgue. 

"Who found them?" Stiles asks.

"Argent," Stilinski says, "and he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory," Scott corrects.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory," Stiles adds.

"Well," Stilinksi explains, "the ME said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels."

"Are the Doctors hiding the bodies?" Harley asks.

"Why would they do that?" Kira asks. Harley shrugs, looking between the group.

"Maybe they're covering for it," Isaac shrugs. "Protecting it like a parent would."

"Protecting what?" The sheriff asks.

"A werewolf," Scott sighs.

"It's called the Beast," Kira says.

"We know," Stiles says. "Horrifying."

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Camden," Stilinski says, "because it looks like his dream is coming true."

Harley stays still as the group disperses, watching the doctors examine the bodies they found. She finds a morbid fascination in it. Brief images flicker in her mind, replacing the bodies on the tables with those of her friends. She stares, transfixed, until she is shaken into awareness. She looks up and finds Isaac holding her shoulders, looking concerned.

"What is it?" he asks her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she says slowly, removing her hands from her shoulders. "I think I'm just freaked out." 

He frowns. "You don't get freaked out."

She forces a slight smile, appearing as more of a grimace. "No, I don't." He stares at her for a moment longer before slipping his hand into hers and pulling her toward the elevator, away from the imagines of the bodies burned into her mind. 

He watches as her gaze grows distant again, frowning. He tugs her closer to him, until the two stand shoulder to shoulder. Everyone goes silently, returning to their respective homes.

Harley steps forward out of the darkness toward the group of people gathered behind a door, in what looks like a cell. She pushes the door open, wincing as it creaks. However, no one turns at the noise, and she figures they must not know she is there. She watches in horror as a woman is strapped to the table, and a man approaches her with a drill. Once the drill breaches her temple, the woman wails, rattling the walls and shattering the glass. Harley clutches at her head as the pain radiates throughout her skull. She stumbles out of the room, slipping on shaking legs, slamming her head into the ground.

She wakes in her bed, coughing up bile. She throws herself off the bed and stumbles into the bathroom, spitting into the sink. She pushes her hair back with her hand, disturbed at the amount of sweat on her hairline.

She turns on the light to clean up and gags at the sight in the mirror. Her hair is streaked with the blood that now covers a majority of her face and hands. She swipes a finger at her temple and finds a slight hole, similar in nature to that of the woman's in her dream. She raises a shaking hand and summons energy into it, waving it over her head to heal the wound. She washes off her face slowly, sure to clean up any remnants of blood in the sink.