Complicated Feelings

The words startled Obito, but not enough for the expression on his face or body language to change. Mentally, however, his mind began to spin, despite the still demeanor. No one has ever told him that, not even Rin. He didn't know how to handle these feelings, especially hearing them from Kakashi.

"Love? You love me?" He smirked, then let out a hearty laugh.

"Do you think a confession is going to change the tides of this war? Did you think it would make me go back on my words, Kakashi?"

"No. Of course not. I just couldn't hold it in any longer, Obito. Just seeing you for the first time in years sparked something within me. Even though we're enemies here, I think deep down, you don't want to actually do this."

Kakashi took his gaze away from his current enemy, feeling slightly defeated with his words. He felt somewhat pathetic expressing something so vulnerable to Obito, and even worse when he immediately shot him down. He feels that this is not how his friend actually feels, though. 

"Just what will it take for him to come to terms with reality?" Kakashi silently pondered.

His thoughts were quickly cut short with Obito making a move to begin the rest of their battle.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

A gust of flames came towards the silver haired man, Kakashi quickly thought fast and released his mud wall. Shortly after, they exchanged fists, and the jonin launched a lightning infused kunai straight through Obito's heart. The man gasped and wheezed in pain, coughing up a thick crimson. He fell on his knees. Kakashi began to shake from the rising anxieties he'd been feeling, also falling down from a distance. He presumed Obito to be dead after the fatal blow, however, he was very wrong. Obito shifted dimensions to return to the war front to further advance his plans.  

Obito comes back to the over world, directly falling on top of the Ten Tails' head. Madara strikes him with several black chakra receivers, and explains how he was nothing more than a pawn to revive him fully. His hair begins to go from its raven-like shade, to pure white. He was transforming into the Ten-Tails' Jinchuriki.