Prologue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol, Earth
November 4th, 2399
Terran Federal Republic
Washington D.C.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie: Mr. President, Mr. President!

Sophie can be seen running into President Victor's office with a data log. A data log is a digital storage device that replaced paper in 2211.  It can store large amounts of data and varying types of data. It is popular among Federal scientists and bureaucrats because all you have to do is say the information you want, and it will give it to you. The specific data log that Sophie has is the situation log. This depicts in great detail all the current findings and significant events going on around the country and the galaxy.

Victor: Ah, Sophie what is it?

Sophie: Sir, we have some updates regarding that primitive planet we found.

Victor: Oh? What might those be? 

Sophie: Well Sir, I think the planet warrants a closer look

Victor: Why is that?

Sophie: Where do I start? There are so many abnormalities... For starters, this planet has intelligent life. This would normally be nothing of importance as there are many primitive planets in our galaxy. Though this one is in the Cohesive star systems that we have been searching for. This is the first one we have found in these systems, considering we thought that this was impossible, this is an abnormality in itself. Secondly, this planet has multiple intelligent lifeforms. While this is not the first occurrence of this it is still extremely rare. Third, the planet in itself is complicated and the tech level is hard to evaluate. This is because there are nation-states that have tech levels ranging from the medieval era to the early cold war. However, we have not been able to identify whether or not they have access to weapons of mass destruction. Fourth, from what we can tell they use a phenomenon that can only be described as magic. We at first thought it was something to do with psionics. However, this theory was discarded when it was discovered that the energy used is not the same, and you can't create fire and water from thin are with psionics. This warrants further research and could give us some useful information. Finally, the largest discovery and shock of them all. There are human beings on the planet. At first, they were thought to have been a species that resembled humans. However, scientists were shocked to learn that their genetic code is almost identical to that of humans before World War 3. Are codes being only different now because of a combination of radiation from nuclear war and gene editing.

Victor sat in his chair and thought for a moment.

Victor: WHAT!?!

Sophie: That response is expected sir, but many scientists want to learn more about these primitives. Some have even proposed first contact.

Victor: Hmmm... Sophie, I want to know more about the other species that inhabit this planet.

Sophie: For starters, there are elves. This species is much faster than a 21st-century human and can live for around 2000 years. Then there are what are called beast men. They can be described as humanoid animals. They are stronger than 21st-century humans but live for a shorter amount of time. However, their shorter lifespan is mainly because medical science hasn't made much progress around much of the planet. Finally, there is Dragon folk. They are humanoid dragons. Scientists aren't quite sure what they are because they seem to be somewhere in between a human and a dragon. They are taller and stronger than 21st-century humans and can fly. It seems they can live for a few hundred years but not as long as elves. It should also be noted that all these species can cross-breed and create hybrids. However, this rarely happens. Another thing that should be noted is that all these species closely resemble humans and ought to be treated as such.

Victor: I understand. As a scientist and engineer, I wish to explore this odd primitive world more. However, we have some problems ourselves as well. 

Sophie: You are correct sir; we are currently using more exotic gases than we are producing. Furthermore, we are facing a similar situation with consumer goods. 

Victor: Well, the people here could help us with this problem.

Sophie: How so?

Victor: You said there are varying tech levels throughout the planet, yes?

Sophie: Yes, some societies are equivalent to the medieval era. There are even some stone-age tribes on some remote islands. 

Victor: What does a primitive civilization value most Sophie?

Sophie: From what I understand that would be power, sir.

Victor: Exactly, and what do we have that they would consider valuable in raising their national power?

Sophie: Technology... Oh, that's your plan, isn't it?

Victor: We upgrade their infrastructure. Of course, they will not get the level we have but we could give them the level that would be around World War 1 era infrastructure. Gaining us favor among the people and government, while not giving them anything we see as meaningful.

Sophie: There is a small continent called Rodenius that has three countries. The Kingdom of Louria, The Kingdom of Quila, and the Principality of Qua-Toyne. They all are the equivalent of the late medieval era. However, if we take into account the unknown variable that is magic, we have to put their tech level above the medieval era. Not only that there is a large expansive ocean that we can use for operations.

Victor: If we send a construction ship, we should be able to create an artificial continent that we can use as a ground base for our expedition and as a colony.

Sophie: One thing I neglected to mention was that these people have a rather exciting mythology. There is a belief that nations/continents are "summoned" to the planet. This is another point of interest.

Victor: All of this information most likely has something to do with one another. However, we are missing the pieces we need to uncover this.

Sophie: You are most likely correct, and many scientists have developed the same opinion.

Victor: Now I want to be cautious. However, we don't want to scare the primitives too much. Send the 3rd fleet. However, we will park most of it on the dark side of their moon. It is orbit locked, correct?

Sophie: Correct, it is at a similar distance and size to Earth's moon.

Victor: Great, also we with sending a construction ship and an Exploration Cruiser. Also, from the fleet, we will only deploy a battlecruiser and a light carrier. That should be enough firepower for now at least on the naval front. We are also going to send 2,000,000 ground soldiers. 

Sophie: That sounds good. So, shall I contact the Admiral and general?

Victor: Yes, that would be great.

(Note: if you have ever played Stellaris an Exploration Cruiser is just a Science Ship that can defend itself. A Science Ship surveys star systems digs up artifacts, and research anomalies.)

(Thanks for Reading!)

(Next up is Chapter 1 and I will update the country's bio to include Exploration Cruiser and Construction Ship!)