Chapter 9: Emissaries

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eshas, Elysia
January 19th, 2400 / February 7th, 1639
Grameus Continent
Terran Strike Group
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to dispatch this supposed 'demon lord' The Terran Federal Republic assembled a strike group of 5 Corvettes and single Destroyers to act as the flagship. With them were also several troop transports. In total, the transports carried 15,000 soldiers, 50 Tanks, and a Land Cruiser. 

The strike group's plan was to Ambush the demon lord's forces from the rear. As a result, the group approached from the north of the Grameus Continent. The demon lord would not know what hit him... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eshas, Elysia
January 17th, 2400 / February 5th, 1639
Topa
Tormeus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screams could be heard from those being devoured by the Demon Lord and his army. They had come and their goal was to bring suffering to the races that dared soil their master's land. 

The Topan soldiers left were doing everything they could to hold the line against the demon lord's army. Their goal was to buy enough time for civilians to escape. But this goal was looking even more difficult to achieve as it seemed for every monster, they took down 3 more replaced them. Several of the Topan commanders could be seen fighting on the frontlines with their men in their desperate attempt to slow down the demon lord's army. 

Moah: This doesn't look very good!

Gai: Thanks for pointing out the obvious! It's really helping the situation!

Aziz: Both of you shut up and fight!

Gai: Stupid monsters just die! <hinotama>!

Gai launched a fireball at the horde of monsters, yet it did little damage to the horde as a whole.  

Moah: There really is no end to this.

Gai: How much longer do we have to hold out for!?

Aziz: To evacuate the city? It will take hours! 

Moah: We don't have that kind of time!

Gai: I'm already running low on mana! Also, we are completely out of mana crystals!

Aziz: Well, we will just have to hold out for as long as we can.

Random Knight 1: Sir! They're going to break through are lines we have lost too many to hold our current position!

Aziz: Damn it!

Random Knight 2: AHHhh-!

Random Knight 1: Sir! Look out!

They turned around to see a goblin jumping at them but before they could react... 

*Bang*

???: <<You should get to safety. The brass commands I take care of this problem for you.>>

Moah: Who are you!?