Kavetham but sad

Kaveh liked helping.. he liked feeling helpful and figuring out unique ways to prove people his brains..
However he didn't like not being asked for help.. his roommate was lately distressed by a foreign subject to them both..
Divine knowledge.. Haitham got his hands on a capsule and was working day and night to figure out the way it worked..
He never asked Kaveh for ideas or even talk to him about it.. and since the topic was Haitham's main focus these days it resulted in them talking less all together..
So when Haitham left the house to run some other errands Kaveh decided to get his hands on the capsule for a round of his thinking..
He grabbed the shiny object and observed it carefully.. Haitham was humble enough to talk to him about "not touching the shiny part" so he didn't..
What was devine knowledge anyways? How could knowing something be life threatening?
He set the capsule back on the table and took out a sheet of paper to sketch it out.. it had a rather pretty design..
When he was done he grabbed the capsule again and looked at it closer..
The red glow reminded him of blood.. it was ominous yet oddly beautiful.
He closed his eyes and focused on the almost inaudible sounds coming from the thing..
It sounded like.. whispering? screaming? It wasn't loud.. but it was sharp and hard to hear..
He brought it closer to his ear to figure out what he was hearing but the capsule accidentally touched his cheek..
He flinched at the contact and sprung up to his feet with shock.. his hand on his cheek.. his eyes huge with fear..

He felt this sudden clawing at his skull and this growing lump in his chest..
The room seemed darker and hotter.. his breathing suddenly painful to his lungs.
He turned around and saw Haitham standing there.. hands clenched into fists.. eyes dark.. darker than Kaveh had ever seen them before.. "You disgraceful fool.. you doomed yourself with your stupidity.. i despise you.." He said.
His voice was colder than Dragonspine and his face pale, almost ghoulish..
Kaveh shook his head furiously.. "N-no... i" He shut his eyes and covered his ears.. the room suddenly too bright and loud for his poor mind..
He opended his eyes again but was met with nothing.. nothing at all.. he couldn't see he couldn't hear..
But he could feel the pain in his head.. his chest.. he was petrified.
Now, thousands and thousands of people were yelling at him.. all saying something else..
Some were giving him secrets, some talking about their past, some complaining to him.. but all of them were yelling..

Then it all stopped.. he couldn't hear again.. but the pain had seized too..
He didn't see it but he felt his body fall on the ground.. he couldn't move.
He couldn't feel anything, couldn't hear or see anything..
He could only smell... smell their home.. smell the paper of Haitham's work.. their colognes mingled together..
He felt warm tears fall from his open-yet-blind eyes.. he didn't want to leave.. he didn't want to fade away..
He wanted to see Haitham again, hear Haitham again.. he wanted to touch Haitham again.. again..
But it was too late, for he was already gone.

What Kaveh didn't know was.. that Haitham was there.. holding the crazed, screaming Kaveh in his arms moments before his death.. He had just got home when he found Kaveh clenching his chest and looking around frantically..
Kaveh had looked at him with the most terrified eyes.. "Kaveh.. w-what happened? What's going on?" Haitham asked..
He saw the empty capsule on the ground and a sharp pain struck his soul.. no.. no no..
Kaveh covered his ears and started screaming, blood gushing out from his nose and eyes..
Haitham ran to him and pulled him in like a mere hug could cure the murderous knowledge plaguing his roommates soul..
Kaveh went limp in Haithams arms and Haitham helped him lay on the floor..
"Kaveh look at me.. look at me! I'm here.. I'm right here please!" Haitham said tears burning like fire in his eyes..
"Haitham!" "Please! No!" "Everyone SHUT UP!" "I WANT TO SEE HIM PLEASE" "LET ME GO!"
Kaveh was screaming and crying his voice nearly gone from the strain..
"Kaveh I'm here.. can't you see me?" Haitham said.. his heart broke when he realized the blonde couldn't see him.. couldn't hear or feel him.. he didn't know he was there...
Haitham shook Kaveh from his shoulders "KAVEH IM RIGHT HERE PLEASE DONT GO" He yelled.
He, for the first time in his life was sobbing uncontrollably.. he didn't want to lose Kaveh he just couldn't..
"Kaveh please..." He said weakly..
He realized Kaveh hadn't moved in a while his eyes were open but there was no life to them.. and he.. wasn't breathing.
Haitham put his fingers on his roommates neck only to find no pulse on it..
"No.. no.. no that's not possible.." Haitham said.. voice cold and distant..
"You can't go I won't let you!" He yelled..
He knew first aid! Kaveh would be fine! Everything was gonna be okay..
He put his hands on to of each othe and locked his fingers.. he started compressing on Kaveh's chest frantically..
"1..2..3..4..5..6..7.....98..99..100" His arms were burning with the force he was putting in but he didn't plan on quitting anytime soon.. "Come on Kaveh.. wake up!"
He pinched Kaveh's nose closed and blew in his mouth forcing air into Kaveh's lifeless lungs..
He got back to doing chest compressions.. "Come on! You're so stubborn you can't give up now!!" Haitham cried..
He blew another breath into Kaveh's mouth.. accidentally making eye contact with Kaveh's dead empty eyes..
Haitham dropped his hands to his sides.. not a sound coming out of him.. he just stared at Kaveh.. at a loss..
He softly closed Kaveh's eyes and cradled his cheek with his hand.. two or four or ten tears falling silently on Kaveh's face..
Haitham squeezed his eyes in pain and kissed Kaveh's forehead..
He grabbed him from his back and hugged him tight.. burying his face inside Kaveh's silky blonde hair..
A painful scream ripped it's way out of Alhaitham's throat as he finally acknowledged the fact that his only friend.. the only person who could make him smile.. the only owner of his heart... was dead.