Oneshot~5: Kaeya &Diluc (Non-ship) ( ͡❛  ͟ʖ ͡❛)

The 'love' in this story is brotherly please don't come for me -_-
Also ⚠️Major character death and gore ⚠️🤪

There he was.. standing right across his angry brother.. holding onto his sword with shaky hands.
Kaeya felt his throat clog up with tears as he forced himself to stand up straight under the pouring rain..
His broken bones and the many many burn marks on his skin were excruciating..
"You traitor! You ruined everything!" Diluc yelled as he swung his claymore aimlessly.
"You should've been the one!"  He snarled as his voice started to get grainy from yelling.
That sentence felt like a sharp icicle stabbed deep into Kaeya's heart.
Kaeya didn't say anything.. the only thing he could do was clench his sword and bite his lips in despair.

Diluc dashed closer to him and started aimlessly swinging his claymore like a madman.. he was blinded with rage.
The expression on his face was making Kaeya feel the most pain even among his serious wounds.
"I-i didn't chose this! I was born to this title!" Kaeya tried to yell but his voice came out more like a cry..
Diluc didn't seem to hear any of that.. he was still aggressively marching at his brother.

His claymore hit Kaeya's left ankle and he screamed in pain collapsing to the ground.
Diluc was breathing raspy, heavy breaths.. his face was dark red with rage.
"Di-Diluc.. please.. *cough* s-stop.." Kaeya sobbed.. he was in blinding pain.
Diluc grabbed him from his shirt and yanked him up. "Get up! We're not done!" He growled.
Kaeya fumbled with his feet and held his breath, forcing himself to stand up.
Diluc swung his claymore ahead and Kaeya tried to use his sword to shield himself.
The world seemed to spin wildly to Kaeya's eyes.. his body was aching from head to toe..

Kaeya's sword drifted away from his fingers.. leaving him weaponless.
He battled his own body trying not to collapse into the ground.

And not a moment later.. this deadly pain struck Kaeya's stomach.. he looked down in disbelief..
His brother's claymore was thrusted deep into his body.. he was drenched with blood.
Diluc's eyes snapped open in realization, his mind snapping back to his senses..
Kaeya's legs gave out and he collapsed down..
"NO! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" Diluc screamed with tears creeping up into his eyes.
He quickly got on his knees and started hyperventilating..

He yanked off his jacket and pressed it on Kaeaya's wound.
"No no no no.. please!" He cried as his tears started falling on Kaeya's cheeks..
"S-stop.." Kaeya whispered quietly with wet eyes..
"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry I'm so so sorry.." Diluc cried, pressing more firmly.
Kaeya weakly put his bloody hand on his brother's cheek..
"N-no.. *cough* I'm sorry.." Kaeya said weakly.. tears falling from his eyes..
"If it wasn't for me.. maybe y-you and dad would be happy.. He whispered with a sad smile..
Diluc felt guilt and sorrow fill his chest.. he made his brother feel unwanted.. he hurt him even before all this..
And now Kaeya was dying because of him..

"That's not true.." Diluc said quietly..
"Father loved you.. i loved you.."He cried..
"Loved?" Kaeya repeated with a sad sad look on his face..
It made the heavy feeling in Diluc's chest even worse..
He hugged him tight and shook his head..
"I-i... i love you.." Diluc sobbed..
Kaeya exhaled and his lips curled into a small smile..
"I love you too.. b-brother.." He whispered quietly.. his voice was no longer able to get louder..
Diluc smiled at Kaeya and brushed his hair off of his forehead planting a soft kiss on it..
Kaeya's eyes fluttered closed and he smiled..
"I hope one day you can forgive me.." Kaeya whispered softly..
Diluc shook his head and wiped Kaeya's tears.. "I hope one day you can forgive me.." Diluc replied..
He placed his hand on Kaeya's chest feeling the fragile heartbeats get slower and slower every passing moment..
"Sorry I don't *cough* think i can s-stay much longer.. Kaeya whispered..
Diluc nodded and leaned his forehead on his brother's.. "Rest easy.. it's going to be alright.." He whispered.
Kaeya hummed in understanding and relaxed his body..
Not a moment later the soft heartbeats under Diluc's hand stopped.. Kaeya was gone..
Diluc had killed him..

Diluc squeezed his brother's deceased body in his arms and screamed in agony..
The world seemed to come crashing down on him.. all was lost and it was all his fault..
His little brother was laying lifeless.. cold and blood soaked in his arms.
The pain was blinding and his whole body was shaking in terror.
He cried and cried for what seemed like hours..  days? He didn't know..
He felt lost.. empty.. guilty.. angry..
He pressed his ear against his little brother's chest just to be sure.. and yes.. nothing..
He really was dead..
Diluc had never felt this much despair in his life.. not even when his father died..
So he drowned under the cold cold rain for what felt like eternity..

An unknown amount of moments later.. the rainy night sky was lit light blue from Kaeya's body..
The raindrops turned to ice and fell on Diluc's head making him flinch in confusion..
And not a second later he felt soft thumping under his fingers.. it was.. Kaeya's beating heart!
Diluc gasped in disbelief and gently shook Kaeya.. trying to wake him up..
"K-kaeya!?" He whispered sharply.. his lips were shaking from both anxiety and excitement..
Kaeya's eyes shot open as he gasped for air.. he sat up and started breathing fast..
"KAEYA!" Diluc exclaimed in happiness and disbelief..
He held his head close and hugged him tight..
Kaeya squeezed him back.. trying to calm his breathing..
The both of them hugged each other tight and stared bawling like little kids..
They didn't stop hugging for half an hour.. crying their hearts out..
Diluc kept on rambling "you're okay you're okay" again and again..
The rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon but he couldn't care less..
His brother wasn't dead.. he was somehow.. okay.

Turns out getting a vision in a deadly experience might just be enough to save you..
The two brother's had to learn that the hard way.. but at least now they were reunited..
Both of them now knowing the value of the other..