Bittersweet, But The Bitter Is Gone

A few hours later, the pair seperated and both were smiling like they weren’t deadinside. Well, not because of the date- in fact, the date had almost brought some parts back to life. Neither felt inclined to cry for a while after; which, on Y/N's part, was a sizeable improvement.

Y/N was borderline shy until Rosie asked about that painting, and therefore prompted Y/N to show her every painting she had. There were a lot of random abstract pieces and an abundance of pink, blue and purple as those were apparently her favourite colors to use. Y/N's pure enthusiasm at the topic was cute enough that Rosie felt obligated to giggle a lot but didn’t feel annoyed at it.

Rosie talked a lot about her friends, especially Lisa; and also mentioned a sister, but didn’t elaborate. She and Alice were close as kids but Rosie moved back to Korea as a trainee and stayed (despite deciding that singing wasn’t what she really wanted), so they didn’t really talk much.

The date ended on a happy note, though they didn’t really want to leave just yet. They scheduled a second date the next week, and both silently wished it was sooner.

Meanwhile, about 50 minutes of driving distance away, a woman with dark brown hair was pacing her shared apartment with a phone in hand, anger coursing from every word she spoke. "I don’t know how, just fucking make it happen!" she yelled at her fifteen year old, minimum-wage employee.

"We can't afford to lose any more customers. Got it? Great. And don't fucking ask me for a raise. You get one when you deserve it." She said, aware but not really caring that the poor girl who basically did her job on the other end was crying. She hung up and slammed the phone onto her glass table.

Being the manager of a coffee shop which did well enough to be going with was not extremely difficult, seeing as you’re not the one who has to deal with angry customers who can't handle half a teaspoon too much sugar. Yet, somehow, this particular manager didn’t get enough. She had enough money to afford a regular lifestyle yet always complained about her salary. She had reliable workers who rarely snapped, yet blamed them for everything. There wasn’t a shortage of customers, but when she went online and saw a single bad review, she went insane and vented it out on someone who deserved much better. Somehow, that review needed to get deleted, even though she herself could not do it.

That lackluster manager really needed a new stress toy. Y/N was always submissive, always letting the former vent her frustrations on her. It was tiring, but in a way, she liked the toxicity of it. How it hurt her; The way she would treat her with so much care and sweetness sometimes, just to cuss her out a few hours later. Y/N was entirely aware that the woman she kept tolerating could never truly care, but she never had the will or the strength to end it herself. At least, with Rose, that bittersweet chapter might finally turn the page to a new one.

Keyword: Might. If a certain someone doesn’t show up and ruin things.