Hate In The Morning

Rose woke up early. It was nearly 8AM, and she was wide awake. Lisa slept a bit later most of the time, so she had about an hour of alone time. But because her knowledge of all the food in Lisa's house was so extensive, she was able to make herself a waffle sandwich that consisted of mangoes and bananas sliced and Lisa's secret stash of strawberry puree (weird snack, but good) sandwiched between two waffles. Rosie loved to do weird stuff like this with food. Yet a certain someone hated it...

She felt a painful sadness in her heart. Thinking of him was difficult. Of course it was; they'd broken up such a short while ago, and the relationship was bad anyway. The only time he didn’t yell at her was in bed- so, naturally, Rose decided to initiate it often. She didn’t hate it, but her heart was only half into it. He only said he loved her after using her like a toy. And she felt used. She didn’t enjoy the name calling or the roughness, but submitted to it. She'd rather have that than have him shouting harsh words at her.

If she ever refused, he got mad at her and pressured her until he realised it wouldn’t matter. She hated him when he was mad. Of course she did; his other exes said the same. She knew Lisa had a guitar, so she decided that she would write a song about it instead of crying.

Going into a guest bedroom, she unzipped the guitar bag and started to play some chords, to pick the base for the song. Within a few minutes, she grabbed a notebook and a pen, and it took zero effort- the lyrics just spilled on from her mouth.

"I just wanna be the one,"
"But to you we're already done"
"Tell me, why'd you have to hit and run me?"
"Now I'm all alone, cryin' ugly"
"You broke my heart just for fun,"
"Took my love and just left me numb"
"Now it’s 8 in the morning"
"Hate in the morning"

All because of you.

(A.N: Short chapter, sorry but I really needed to finish this quick. Next chapter will be a lot longer, please be patient for it!)