The Artist

The girls headed out. It was cloudy and the sun was setting, which surprised Rose, since it wasn't even 6 PM yet.

It was a beautiful fall day, and if she was in the mood, she'd have taken a photo. However, the only thing she was up for at the moment was caffeine. She really needed an espresso right now.

They walked for about 10 minutes, and before Rosie knew it, they had arrived. She didn't register anything, but she thought she could see pink everywhere; but none the right shade.

"It's the wrong shade."

"So what? It's pink."

"It's the wrong shade!"

"I DON'T CARE! I GOT YOUR STUPID VASE A REPLACEMENT! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST REPLACE A MEMORY LIKE THAT?"

However, when Rosie entered the cafe, she saw something that caught her eye; the right shade. A girl sat in the corner by the window, painting a picture of a rose. The petals were falling off. It was the exact shade of Alice's vase... Rose hadn't talked to her in so long.

She had zoned out so much that she didn't even notice that she had sat down and Lisa had already got her coffee.

"Here you go Rosie."

Rose wordlessly gestured a thanks. After a few minutes more, Jennie finally started a conversation.

Thankfully, she didn't talk about him. "I see you keep looking at that girl over there, Rosie Posie." she remarked teasingly, her tone playful. "Yeah." agreed Lisa. "She's pretty, isn't she Rosie?" Rosie felt heat rise in her cheeks, despite not being over her ex yet.

She had to admit, that girl was pretty. She had slightly messy hair which had light blue streaks in it, and she wore a yellow and grey cardigan with a skin tight black dress underneath. Rosie hated that she was already seeing someone new, because she always liked to stay depressed for at least 3 or 4 weeks after a break up. "You should talk to her. Your hair is the same color as her rose." said Jisoo.

Rose gave in, knowing that even if she didn't, the girls would get her introduced somehow anyway. "Alright." she sighed, take a sip of her espresso before getting out of her seat and grabbing it.

Rosie approached the girl, and felt something in her stomach. She didn't see her at first, but then Rosie cleared her throat. "I really like that shade of pink." she said, shooting her shot.

"Thanks. It took a while to get the right one. I like to be precise with my colors." responded the girl.

Rosie slid onto the seat beside her. "The painting looks... Beautiful. Did anything inspire it?"

The girl looked Rosie in slight surprise. "Sorry, it might be personal. You really don't need to answer."

"It's alright. I broke up with someone recently, and every moment with her felt like I was a flower and my petals were being plucked out, so that's what gave me the idea." Good, thought Rosie. She likes girls, and she's single.

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Oh, I'm Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rose."

"Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm Y/N. I like your hair."

Rose's stomach turned. "Thanks. I like your hair too. And your painting. You're really pretty, you know?" Rosie said all that really fast.

Y/N giggled. "Thanks."

Rose was a blushing mess, but summoning courage (and another sip of espresso) she decided to ask the crucial question.

"Can I have your number?"

A bit of silence. Rose's heartbeat quickened.

"Sure. I'll put it in your phone."

Rosie almost audibly sighed with relief as Y/N typed in her number "Thanks. I should get back to my friends now... They're waiting for me."

"Sure. Text me when you get time."

Rosie celebrated in her head as she walked over to the table. She got one good look at the girl's faces, and she knew she would never hear the end of this. But she was okay with it.