On Purpose, With Purpose-Part Two

It was Monday morning. Rosie woke up at 10 to a truckload of notifications from Jennie and Lisa chaotically trying to explain what happened on Saturday to Jisoo, who had missed the whole thing and was busy all day at the second round of auditions for the drama she was trying to get a part in. It was mostly Lisa talking about all the missed opportunities to tease their poor Rosie and Jennie actually explaining what had happened.

Rosie scrolled down without bothering to really read them all, because she caught the jist of what they were gonna say from the first few texts. Instead, she just read the messages about Jisoo's audition. It turned out pretty good, apparently. After promptly congratulating Jisoo on a good audition, she did her usual morning routine and made a jam-and-banana sandwich for breakfast.

Y/N, however, woke up at around 11:30, and barely remembered to eat breakfast. When she did, it was noon already, so she decided to just skip it. I'm was going to a cafe at noon with that girl soon, anyway- she thought, smiling to herself.

She took her time with showering, putting extra care to her hair. Her hair was always messy; as a child, she had dealt with lice for a long time and though they were gone now, her hair just couldn’t seem to lie perfectly neatly for more than 5 minutes. So after using a ridiculous amount of shampoo and conditioner in her hair and washing it, she was finally pleased with it.

She had icy blue streaks in her hair, particularly noticable from the back. But since she was an artist, she was very specific with her color names, so when she went into the hair salon for the first time and asked for glaucous streaks, the poor barber was entirely flabbergasted (and had to look up the color before dying it in). But that was now her regular salon, and that barber was basically her friend by this point, so no more confusions.

She put on some eyeliner and lip tint, because she didn’t want to look like she was trying too hard. But she had to be trying, too. This whole thing was kind of a mess. Deciding to put on some pink blush, she took it out of her bag and got a notification of an alarm from her phone at that moment.

It was already 2, and almost time to get out. She couldn’t tell whether or not she was excited; or maybe she was just nervous. Either way, Rosie felt it too.

From Rosie's place, the cafe was about 25 minutes away, so deciding to get there a bit early, she set out at 2:10. Her car was one of the only things she used very frequently that wasn’t pink- in fact, it was black. She didn’t mind it much, but of course, she would rather it was pink.

Y/N, on the other hand, lived a bit over half an hour away, and set out around the same time as Rosie. Rose was already there in front of the cafe when Y/N got off of her purple-blue bike.

Rosie smiled charmingly at her, like she was a chaperone. "Hi." said Y/N, a bit louder than she meant to. "Hey." said Rosie, not knowing what else she could say. Clearing her throat, she started a second sentence.

"So, should we get in?"

And so they did. Y/N didn’t know it conciously, but at that moment, her body was pushing itself closer to the pink-haired guitarist beside her- on purpose, with purpose.