12 𝘖𝘊𝘛𝘖𝘉𝘌𝘙 • 2015

Start from the beginning

"Uh... Hello? Can I help you?"

Seungmin's eyes flew wide in realization, suddenly breaking out of his trance as his body lurched into fight or flight mode. He desperately wanted to run, and crawl back to Felix for safety, but when he turned around to plea at the latter, Felix just shook his head and pointed back at the mission subject, mouthing: "This is your chance!"

Seungmin was internally screaming.

He turned back around to face Sangkwan with a guilty look plastered on his face, although he tried hard to cover it, as he timidly shuffled over to the table he was sat at, standing before him with his hands even deeper in his pockets than before.

"Sorry if I was bothering you..." Seungmin started, looking down at the ground in embarrassment.

Sangkwan's eyebrows drew together in confusion. "It's fine, I'm just not used to being stared at, you know?"

Seungmin nodded. "Yeah, sorry... I j-just couldn't help but notice that you were sorta... struggling with your homework? And I was wondering if you needed any help..."

Sangkwan's eyebrows suddenly shot up in surprise, but he pushed his Physics book towards Seungmin, to have a look at, nonetheless. "Uh, sure. Some help would be nice." He smiled, pointing at a spot on the page. "It's that question right there. I just really don't get it."

Seungmin took this moment to look down at the question Sangkwan was working on, noticing that this was very similar to one they had done in class the other day. "Do you mind if I sit down, and we can do it together?" He then pointed at the chair next to Sangkwan, to which, thankfully, the older nodded.

"Of course! It's nice to make some friends in a new school anyway."

That caused Seungmin to blush.

"What year are you in?"

"Uh, Year Ten." Seungmin nodded. "But I was born in September, so I could be in Year Eleven if I wanted to." He joked.

Sangkwan smiled. "Ah, I'm in Year Eleven. But I was born in August, so I almost got put in Year Ten. I'm kinda wishing I was now, because then I could have you as my Physics partner." He joked back.

Seungmin's blush deepened, but he forced himself to focus on helping the older answer his question.

"Yeah, speaking of: what I find helpful is writing out the equation you need. So, if you know it, I'd just stick it at the top of the page. It also helps to underline the different measurements they've given you, so I'd go ahead and do that first." Seungmin smiled, gesturing to the page.

Sangkwan proceeded to do as he was told, and then smiled up at Seungmin when he was finished.

"What next?"

"Substitute your given measurements into the equation you've written. Do you have a calculator on you?" Seungmin asked.

Sangkwan shook his head. "Uh, no..."

"That might be why you're struggling then. Here. Borrow mine." Seungmin giggled, pulling his calculator out of his bag and gently handing it over.

This was quite nice actually. Seungmin was surprised to find that Sangkwan would be this friendly. But he didn't mind. He was glad he had gone for it.

It was after school, which was typically when most kids sat in the library to study. Seungmin should have been doing the same in that moment, but for some reason he felt more productive when he was teaching someone else, rather than studying alone.

Maybe he could make this a regular thing if he asked. Or if Sangkwan really needed it that much.

And, as the pair were sat there, getting along, answering questions and breaking into conversation every now and then, Felix was still watching from behind the bookshelf, smiling at how adorable the sight was.

Little did he know, however, that a certain someone was looming about behind his back, with his eyebrows furrowed deep in frustration, and an unwanted feeling of jealousy bubbling in his chest.

That certain someone found himself tapping on Felix's shoulder, causing the latter to spin around with a confused look on his face: "Chan?"

"Oh. Uh. Hey, Felix. Uh─who is Seungmin talking to?"

Felix folded his arms in defence, leaning to the right slightly to block Chan's view of the brunette.

"Nothing. Nothing you need to know. Listen, Chan. Haven't you hurt him enough already?"

Chan pulled a puzzled expression. "What? It was just a question!"

"Yeah. One that you don't need the info to." Felix huffed. "Now, buzz off, or I'll rip the strings off of your hoodie. You know what you did, and you know you upset him."

Chan stilled for a moment, going silent, but then he brought himself back together as he let out an unimpressed scoff. "Oh yeah? You trying to scare me, Lee? Well─fine. I'll get that info one way or another."

"Oh, really now?" Felix retorted, sarcastically, "Well, I'd like to see you try. Seungmin doesn't need you anymore and none of us like you, so I'd suggest you leave." He stuck his hands on his hip like an unimpressed mother.

Chan scoffed once again and stuck his middle finger up at the boy. Face forming a look of mockery as he turned himself around. But secretly─deep beneath his stubborn and rude surface, as he headed back over to where he had come from─his heart was breaking just a little, from the thought that:

"Seungmin doesn't need me anymore?"

He knew he was in the wrong but...

He just didn't know how to fix it.

# •°彡

Y'ALL

last friday, xdinary heroes new album came out: SO GOOD

IT IS CONSTANTLY ON REPEAT, I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

jen