"Where are you taking me out on date?", she asked as he started walking upstairs.

"That's a secret love. You'll get to know when we'll reach there", he said making her lips form into a pout.

"Hey! You always do this even after knowing that I can't handle surprises. Tell na Shivaay", she said starting to play with buttons of his shirt in order to coax him.

"Not working baby", he chuckled, "and I love my curious cat, so just wait for some more hours", he said dropping her on her feet near their bed.

She gave him a look who shrugged pecking her lips firmly making her smile and sigh.

"Finee! But it better be soon, my stomach will start paining", she complained making Shivaay kiss her forehead.

"Just few more hours. Why don't you go and take shower? I switched on the geyser", he said making her smile nodding.

As soon as she went to take a warm and relaxing shower, he took out his phone to carry forward his plan for their date tonight.

|••|

"Thank you uncle. I owe it to you", Annika heard these words as she came out of the bathroom drying her hair. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Coming in the room, she saw him smiling widely keeping phone away. He turned towards her as she cleared her throat.

"Oh hey baby! When did you come?", he walked to her and kissed her lips. She smiled softly seeing him being extra touchy today.

"Just now. With whom were you talking?", she asked trying to sound casual.

"Hmm?", he asked picking up two cups of his coffee and her tea passing Annika hers. She took it from both her palm. It was warm and smelled relaxing and calming.

Taking a sip, she sighed in relief feeling her nerves and muscles calming down. Moving her attention from the tempting tea to back on her boyfriend she nodded.

"You're on a call I assume when I came out from bathroom. Who's it? I mean you're saying uncle and owing something", she asked making him chuckle.

"You can ask directly, you know", he said pulling her nose, "yes, I was talking to Joseph uncle and it was just casual talk", he shrugged making her eyes narrow.

"Then what do you owe him?", She asked giving a questioning look. He sighed before smiling softly.

"I owe to him that he's letting me date you even after your mom is indirectly against it until we marry", he said softly making her face fall.

"Shivaay...", she gulped keeping her cup away, "I am sorry for what happened today. Mom was reckless and she's asking anything without even knowing your feelings or what you want. I know it made you uncomfortable when she continuously asked you-", she kept talking until he stopped her keeping finger on her lips.

"Baby relax. Neither I felt uncomfortable nor anyone else felt because of her demand. See, from her point of view she just want her daughter's future to be secure in marital way too. We can't blame her na? I know the way she demanded was wrong but we'll try to talk to her and make her understand that we will take things in our own choice of pace", he said cupping her cheeks.