[Chapter: 51]

|••|

Annika was stunned to see her mother, Lily D'souza standing at the threshold of Oberoi mansion. As a reflex action, she gripped Shivaay's palm tightly in fear. Joseph looked at his daughter worried and turned face towards his wife before walking towards her.

"How come you're here so early, I thought you're coming by evening", Joseph said in low voice.

"I was about to come in evening but then I realised I can even take a flight so I took it and I am here", Lily replied looking her hee husband.

"Lily you should have informed me before coming here and how did you got the address?", Joseph said with serious voice.

"It's easy to find address these days, Josh! And did I do something wrong? You're here to talk about Annika right.. I am her mother", she said making Joseph sigh.

"Annika", she called out making Annika startle and look at her mom gulping. Shivaay kept hand on her back rubbing there gently.

"It's fine, she's your mom Annika, talk to her", he said softly making her look at him.

"You're with me na? No matter what?", she asked looking in his eyes.

"Of course baby, always", he said making her smile softly and blinked looking at her mother confidently.

"Hello mom, I didn't knew you'll come this early. I was expecting you by evening", she said going ahead with a confident smile earning it from Shivaay.

"What can be done, my love for my daughter brought me sooner", Lily replied going ahead.

"I think we should talk in private first before anything ahead, Annika and Lily", Joseph said coming ahead between the mother and daughter.

"I don't think it's needed Josh, she seems quite close to this family", Lily said interrupting her husband.

"You're right mom. I am very close to them. They're my second family who loves me and adores me a lot", Annika said smiling genuinely at Oberois and her friends.

"I can see that. Seems like you're closer than your own family to them", she said gulping.

"What can we do mom, when people love you, adore you and respects your decision, listens to you, closeness itself comes", Annika said looking back at her mom.

"I have always loved you Annika. I have always respected your decisions and heard you", Lily said little loudly.

"No mom! You don't. I agree you love me, you love me a lot I know but you never listen to me. You always treat me as if I am still the same five years old Annika who can't make decisions for herself. I have always respected your choices mom, I always heard you but you..as soon as I said I want to become an actress, you straightaway said no", Annika said with hurt face.

"Because I know it's not good career for you and will still say it. You're loving the present fame but you will feel defeated when people will start criticising you!", Lily said making Annika look at her in disbelief.

"Seriously mom? Look at me! I am happiest right now. I have a job which I like, which I desire. People around love me and love the work I do. People value me", Annika said making Lily roll her eyes.