Chapter 15

It's been a month since Loki was dropped off at the Avengers Tower, and Steve thought that Loki should be rewarded for his good behavior and allow him to roam the tower. He didn't want Loki to grow resentment towards the people in the tower and do something harmful, so he thought it best to let him have more freedom.

"Capsicle, this is a really bad idea," Tony groans as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

The team has been gathered in the conference room per Steve's request, watching Tony and Cap argue.

"No, it's not," Steve starts, "Leaving him in there in his cell is a bad idea" he argues, "The longer you leave him in there, the angrier he's going to get, and the more angry he is, the more likely he is to do something destructive!"

You and Bucky were seated next to each other, watching the scene unfold like everyone else. As much as you didn't appreciate what Loki said about you a month ago, you understood Steve's argument, and you agreed. Besides, you knew you would hate to have to stay in one room for an uncertain amount of time.

Bucky on the other hand silently agreed with Tony. He hated the two-sided snake-like man. As soon as he got there, the first thing Loki did was eye you up and down like you were some kind of new toy, and he hated that. If it were up to him, he'd have killed him by now, but he knows that would probably be too much.

Tony scoffs, "How can he be destructive if he's locked in a cell?" He sasses back.

"Tony! He tried to take over Earth about a year ago! I don't think a tiny cell will stop him from causing absolute mayhem," Steve counters.

"I agree with Steve," Wanda chimes, "Besides, I can read his mind! He has no bad intentions as of right now," What Wanda doesn't know is that Loki chooses what he wants her to see in his head, keeping his malicious thoughts to himself.

"Thank you, Wanda," Steve sighs, and looks back at Tony anticipating his answer.

"You guys are really getting on my nerves lately," Tony begins to walk out the conference room, but before he does, he has one last thing to say, "If he starts misbehaving, I'm calling Thor."

"Okay, the decision has been made," Steve says, "I'm going to go get Loki now."

Steve walks out of the conference room, and gets in the elevator, hitting the lowest floor, the sub-basement.

Once Steve reaches the sub-basement, he walks down the hall, nearing Loki's cell. Loki sits on his small cot, reading one of the five books he was given for the hundredth time out of boredom. Steve taps on the glass between himself and Loki, getting the raven-haired man's attention.

"Well, if it isn't the star spangled man," Loki smirks, setting down the book on the table next to him and walking closer to the glass separating him and Steve.

Steve just ignores his comment and proposes his deal, "Look Loki, I'm here to let you out," Loki perks his ears up in anticipation, "Under one condition,"

"And that is?" Loki asks.

"You can't use your powers,"

"Hmm..." Loki pretends to think about it, "Fair enough, I'm getting quite bored in here, re-reading the same books over and over. One can only take so much Shakespeare." He smirks.

Steve nods and presses some buttons on the outside of his cell that makes the glass slide upwards, giving Loki the ability to walk out.

•••

"Damn it, Bucky! Stay in your lane!" Sam shouts as he frantically presses the buttons on his controller. "That's cheating!"

Sam, Peter, Bucky, and Nat started playing Mario Kart once the conference ended. You were in the kitchen washing some grapes for a snack, and you could hear Sam and Bucky argue as they played the video game, making you laugh.