Chapter 10

TW: Mentions of sexual assault, angst, and somewhat sexual content.

Once you and Bucky arrived to the compound, he parked his bike in the garage and you started walking up to your room.

"Doll, where are you going?" Bucky asks.

"To my room?" You say, not understanding why he must know.

Bucky shifted his stance, hesitant to say anything, "I just think we should talk about what happened."

"Oh...right," you say, wiping a stray tear rolling down your cheek. You wince at the touch on your cheekbone from when Matt hit you, and you notice it has started to bleed. You didn't know he penetrated the skin. He must've been wearing a ring.

Bucky notices and walks closer to you, "What happened here?" He says holding your cheek and analyzing the small knick on your cheekbone. You're so close, you can feel his warm breath on your face.

You just look down in shame, not wanting to explain what happened.

Bucky tries to hide his anger about what happened to you in order to comfort you, "Let's get you cleaned up," he says, grabbing your hand and leading you to his room where he has a first aid kit. You get in the elevator and the silence is so loud. Finally, you reach his room and walk into his bathroom.

"Sit," He says, gesturing to his bathroom counter. You quickly obey, and hop on the counter, your legs dangling over the cabinets.

He grabs the first aid kit and opens a small bottle of rubbing alcohol. He grabs a tissue and placed it over the top of the lid and turns it upside down and back up again. He then grabs the alcohol infused tissue and hovers your cut, "This will sting a little."

You chuckle at his gentleness, knowing you've endured much worse than this. "I think I'll live, but thank you." He smiles back, glad to see that beautiful smile of yours.

He starts rubbing the cut and you can feel a tingling sensation running up and down your cheek, not just from the alcohol, but from him being so close that he's almost touching you.

You make eye contact and then you both look away from each other quickly.

Grabbing a bandaid, he clears his throat, "So...What happened?" he says, almost demanding to know, it's not really a question.

He gently places the bandaid over your cut.

"Nothing," you say, to which he just gives you a stern look, as if you're in trouble.

"Really?" Bucky says, not believing you, "I'm not going to ask again, y/n. What happened?"

"What makes you think you're entitled to know?" You huff, crossing your arms.

He thinks it's adorable that you're trying to look angry, but he quickly hides any form of amusement on his face so you know he's serious.

"Because if you don't tell me, there'll be consequences," He says.

You scoff at his reply, but you are intrigued, "Like what?" you ask.

Your faces are so close, if you moved an inch closer you'd be kissing him.

Bucky desperately wants to kiss you, but not only does he not want to take advantage of you in this vulnerable state, he still thinks it's best that you stay away from him.

He backs away from your face, to your disappointment, and he crosses his arms clearly frustrated. "Why won't you just tell me? I'm trying to help," he complains.

You scoff at the sheer audacity he has to say that, "Oh, really?! You mean like how last night I tried to help you but you pushed me away?" He looks at you and shakes his head, knowing you're right. "I don't think that's fair."