[M] letter to you pt.1 | yeonbin

**WARNING**

This story has mentions and depictions of sexual assault.
Please proceed with caution and only read if you feel comfortable.

Description: Soobin is 28 now and writing to his younger self: when he was 21 and still traversing his way through the messiest part of his life. In the present, his life is almost picture perfect, but getting there was a struggle you never think could happen to you.

. . .

Hey, buddy – Why did I say that? Ok, this is a bad start.

Hey, Soob.

Anyways, uh, how do I say this? It's me – It's you. Well, a different version of you; you'll see.

I know you're going to realize this eventually, but you're currently living in the worst part of your life right now. And guess what? You make it. Things get better; they really do. I'm so sorry to say this, but they need to get a lot worse first before it gets better. But don't worry! Don't just crumple this up and throw it in the trash, I'm getting to the point.

You're twenty-one, and holy shit, a lot is happening. You're about to enter your name into one of the most challenging archery competitions in your life, and Taehyun has been encouraging you to do it for the last five years, but you've only done it for the first time now. I'm really proud of you! You've been practicing archery since you could barely pull back the string on the bow, one of the few weird skills that you have in this crazy world.

You've been with Ryan for how long now? Six months, right? I know you haven't known him for the last five years, but this year in particular, he's really trying to convince you not to sign up for the competition. Why? Because he doesn't think you should be doing archery in the first place. And I know he doesn't actually say that, but he goes around it by saying that he wants to have dinner with you instead of you going to practice at the range. I know you don't understand that what he's doing to you is manipulation, but I promise, you'll figure it out soon. There's a lot of problems with him, but we'll circle back to it, ok? I don't want to make you all upset.

I know you're in love with Yeonjun, even though you won't admit it. Wait – before you freak out, you're going to figure this out very, very soon. He's so amazing, isn't he? You can talk to him about everything, sometimes staying up late just to gossip about celebrities while snacking on chips – but you usually eat cereal with him late at night because you both crave it...

I was giggling, bringing a hand up to cover my mouth because I still had a mouthful of cereal. Yeonjun was laughing as well, sitting across from me on the floor of his living room. I don't know why we never sit on the couch, something about how we don't want to get it messy if we happen to spill on it, but we never spill anyways.

Yeonjun was laughing as well from the joke he made, both of us trying to be quiet because his roommate was sleeping. It was probably getting close to midnight, but neither of us really cared much about the time.

"I almost had milk shoot out of my nose!" I whisper-yelled once I swallowed my food.

He just smiled at me, "That would've been awesome..." He replied, and I reached my hand out to lightly swat at his chest. He chuckled as he flinched away, both of us going back to our food once we quieted down. He was pushing around the cereal in his bowl, and I was doing the same, but I couldn't help but look at him. He was looking down at his bowl, but then picked his head up when he scooped up another bite. He paused, a soft smile breaking through, "Did you sign up for the competition yet?" He suddenly asked.