mafia pt. 1 | yeonbin

Description:

Where Soobin is the leader of the mafia—well, the interim leader while his dad is sick; and Yeonjun is his husband.

. . .

Soobin's POV:

I smiled as Yeonjun kissed me, pressing his lips firmly against mine. I already knew where this was headed as he moved slowly, putting one of his legs over me to hold me here. He held my cheeks, and I held his waist, chuckling lightly as I tried to pull away from him. He was confused, his eyebrows scrunching cutely as he looked at me. I just smiled, "Someone's forgetting that I have to work today."

He instantly rolled his eyes, backing away slightly, "Ugh... Do you really have to work today?"

I nodded in response, and it just seemed to agitate him more, "But it's our anniversary! You couldn't take one day off?"

I shook my head, "You know I can't."

He rolled his eyes again, sitting up while still staying in my lap. He crossed his arms over his chest in a dramatic fashion, huffing a bit. I couldn't help but smile at him; he's just too cute.

I sat up from the bed with him, wrapping my arms around his waist, "I only have two interviews with recruits today and that's it. After that, we can do whatever we like."

He pouted a bit, "We can still have dinner at that little Italian place?"

"Of course..." I quickly replied, leaning forward to kiss the pout off his face, "I'll have to double check with Seonghwa, but I think the second interview is at noon. Once that's over, my only focus will be you, ok?"

He sighed, giving in after a moment. He placed his hands on my cheeks, wrapping around to play with my ears a little, "O-Ok, but I want you all to myself tonight. No work—Please?"

I instantly nodded, "I promise, I'm all yours tonight."

He smiled right after, leaning in for a kiss. I honestly didn't want to work today if I didn't have to, but I don't really have a choice. After my dad got sick, I was next in line to take over, and there's no way that I could've ever refused that. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but not like this.

It caught everyone by surprise, and there was a week or two of panic as I tried my best to pick up where he left off. I've been training my whole life for this, but I feel a bit lack luster compared to my dad. He ran this place so well, and those are hard shoes to fill. I've been stressing about everything for the last couple weeks, and the chances of my dad living are pretty slim at this point, so all I wanted was a day off. Especially today since it's mine and Yeonjun's anniversary, but of course, I had things scheduled to do today.

It's not like It's Seonghwa's fault; he had no idea I wanted the day off. He still schedule's events based off what my dad says in the hospital, so he can't do much about it anyways. He's so nice, basically my dad's right-hand-man when it came to just about everything. He helped me a lot when my dad first fell ill, and he's seriously the best. Well, let me be honest, Yeonjun is the best of the best.

It's kind of a funny story, the two of us. We met when my dad and his dad were trying to make a business deal, and then his dad started working for us. After that, we became really close and one thing lead to another and... Well, we've been married for five years now. I swear, he's the best husband ever. He doesn't judge me for the things I've done, knowing how he's done equally bad things himself. We almost bond over it, actually. To the normal person, we would come off insane, but we're just crazy in love... and happen to be part of the mafia.