❀𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚/𝐧❀

if you read the cast list, you probably saw tewkes' name and was like "wait what? why does it say viscount alexander tewkesbury??"

let me explain myself

at least in the movies, (not sure about the books cause i haven't read them) tewkesbury doesn't have a specified first name.

some of you probably thought, wait isn't his first name viscount?

and thats what i thought too

originally at least

i watched enola holmes 2 yesterday, and i was confused as to why he was never referred to as viscount and simply as tewkesbury or lord tewkesbury.
i also wondered why there was another man referred to as a viscount.  this was altogether just confusing for me, so i did some research.

turns out, viscount is actually a title. it ranks just above a baron and just below an earl. cool right?

then i thought, hm, victorian era, maybe his name is tewkesbury!

WRONG

his mother in the first movie is referred to as lady tewkesbury, ruling out the possibility of that being his first name. 

now, i decided, well my girly elowyn is going to eventually end up calling him something other than his last name, so better pick one

so i picked a sort of old fashioned name, and one that i hadn't seen used in either movie.

alexander

if you want to call him something else, feel free. if you want to call him nothing at all, feel free again! all's fair in love and writing, as i like to say.

(i have never said that in my life)

anyways, just thought i'd provide you with a little explanation to this

what are you waiting for? carry on with your day

dont forget to drink water and eat something, love you all!